Clay County DU Banquet

• jhalfen

I rigged my 332C for GPS-only use for ice fishing. No trouble at all not having a transducer running.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Thanks Jason for the info. I,m getting everything ready today because Puckaway is icing up at night and opening back up with the high winds daily

jhalfen

No problem Jeff.

Do you ever get out on Buffalo at all?

I grew up going to the old Moore’s resort twice a year. Still have LOTS of fond memories of Packwaukee and times spent there with my Dad.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Yes we do get out on Buffalo awsome bass fishing and nice gills and crappies ice fishing and norterns also. Don,y know if you ever fished the springs where you paid a dollar to walk across the guys land to get to the lake but thats my favorite area for the gills and crappies till someone took the guys money box and now we have no access that is close .Its a long walk now to get there. Take care From Jeff.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

WTB good used or new gps puck and power cord for my Lorwance 332c dpth finder. I am thinking of mounting my 332 on the 4-wheeler and just use for gps features. Is it ok to just run the gps and not have a tranducer hooked up to unit? Looking for info on doing this and Wade if you are out there am looking for info . . From Jeff and Wade THE UNIT I GOT FROM YOU HAS BEEN GREAT.

Sure can.

And thank you!!

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Thanks Wade , do they make a bracket to mount it on the handle bars or any where else?

BOBBYB

I use my 332c in the car all the time. I have the mapcreate program and make my custom maps for the area we are going to be traveling thru. It is super for finding gas stations, restaurants etc.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Do they make a bracket??

ooh ooh ooh I got this one

I actually ram mounted mine and run it on a ball ram makes that would attach to a handle bar, (though Mine’s actually attached to the front rack. I also picked up a 12 v power cable for the unit, which is really nice, lets me use the unit anywhere with a nice clean install, it powers both the unit and the network, not to mention you don’t have to uninstall the power wires on you boat for winter and redo them in spring. They can be found HERE scroll down to the part number CA-8. You can also run an ice ducer, I have one, but to be honest with you I don’t like using the 332 for winter sonar, I’d much rather just use my flasher, the graph is much harder to read, and if you fishing near anyone else, personally I have one heck of a time not getting massive interference. IMHO save you money don’t spend it on an iceducer.

I should also mention you are going to need a single 60 ohm terminator on the network to run it as I have it set up, the network requires 60ohms of resistance, be aware lots of boats and networks are set-up with 2-120ohm terminators (giving you 60 ohms).

Winter mode….

Summer mode….

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Cabela’s has a mounting plate that will bolt between your gimble mount and the ram mount giving you a circle to mount the puck to. For quick detach mount the ring that came with the antenna to it, and you will be able to twist it on and off as needed. Purchase another ring and mount it to your boat.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Thanks guys for the info.

bongzl
    Perham, MN

Clay County Ducks Unlimited
    When: Wednesday, April 16, 2008
    Event Type: Dinner
    Contact Name: Stevie
    Phone: (952)820-8174
    Contact Email: [email protected]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.