Id rather hunt ducks…

• Lardy
    SDSU via Savage, MN

Me and a buddy were talking the other day as the season winds down, and we realized how we have only hunted pheasants twice since its opened out here in brookings. It didnt bother either of us since we were duck hunting instead and we both agreed that we would rather shoot 3 ducks over 3 pheasants any day. Not bashing pheasant hunting at all but theres something missing from it compared to hunting ducks. Pheasants can be a lot better in the pan, a lot cheaper to hunt and you dont have to get up at 4 am to get em. So why the heck is duck hunting better??

deertracker

I’ve purchased a pheasant stamp for the last two years and haven’t been out because I don’t want to lose time in the blind. There is something about watching the sun come up and having ducks coming into the decoys with their wings cupped. Or how about having a flock of bills following your J hook right into shooting range. Life doesn’t get much better!

col._klink
    St Paul

Hunting flying chickens is fun and all but I dont think it compares to watching a big flock of bills working your deeks passing 3 or 4 times and myabe getting a shot on the 4th or 5th pass……………

I dont think it comes close to having a flock of buffs come dancing across the water tumbling in the air towards you then offering a shot and they are gone just as fast as they came…………..

Last one this is simple Greenheads! nuff said

ggoody
    Mpls MN

what they said….

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

Duck hunting has a magical feel to it, its the fall migration, that time when you hear whistling wings and a splash in your deeks 15 minutes before shooting time, that cold wind out of the north. Its spiritual, I feel a close connection to the almighty creator when I’m in the blind, it makes you feel alive, I don’t feel that anywhere else.

deertracker

I was in the blind with my five year old awhile back. All of a sudden he said hear that dad, a plane. I looked at him with a smile and said that’s not a plane, we just got bombed by a flock of bluebills. You got to love that sound.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.