Texas goose hunt pics Jan 2007

• Slam

Anyone looking to pass away the winter months this is a must do hunt.

Never in my life have i seen so many geese.Every field every direction you look in the sky you can see geese

Anyone looking for info just ask away.I spent a month in Texas hunting.Plenty of goods and bads so i’ll be glad to save ya the bads if possible

waterfowler99
    Midwest

what part of texas are u hunting?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

what part of texas are u hunting?

Tonto1
    W & E Wi

I here they have had alot of rain in the southern parts. The fields are very muddy and hard to hunt. My dad shot some snows yesterday and a coyotte ran of with one.

Tonto1
    W & E Wi

I here they have had alot of rain in the southern parts. The fields are very muddy and hard to hunt. My dad shot some snows yesterday and a coyotte ran of with one.

Slam

Eagle lake /Katy area

Very wet conditions did make it hard to hunt the 1st few days.Once we figured out the geese we pounded are limits daily.90% of the fields have standing water from ankle deap up to the knee.

We stayed about 300 yards down wind of the roosting geese set up decoys 300-400 hundred (A MUST)Pounded every incomming flock.The last few days dark geese season closed so we were limited on 20 snows 3 punk canadians and 5 ducks

The duck hunting was great the first 45 minutes every morning.Guessing any where from 1,000-5,000 pintails every morning limit being 1.We shot only 1 mallard during the trip and that was the only 1 we saw.

If your planning a trip 1 thing i recommend is just plan on 2 boxes of ammo every day.Bring every thing you own for clothes from warm weather hunting to mid 20 degree hunting wet and dry conditions.
    I think this next week the season changes to no limit on snows and you can use electronic callers.I wanted to stay for this hunt but figured 2 boxes of ammo only got me my limits by 9 am or so what would i need for a full day of action no limits hmmm my guess would be some none hunters wallet

For the do-it yourself hunters small white bags on a stick is the ticket.1 decoy bag holds about 400.Just remember to hunt a good 30 yards down wind if using the bags in windy condtions.The geese can hear the bags and flare off about 25-30 yards down wind

Slam

Eagle lake /Katy area

Very wet conditions did make it hard to hunt the 1st few days.Once we figured out the geese we pounded are limits daily.90% of the fields have standing water from ankle deap up to the knee.

We stayed about 300 yards down wind of the roosting geese set up decoys 300-400 hundred (A MUST)Pounded every incomming flock.The last few days dark geese season closed so we were limited on 20 snows 3 punk canadians and 5 ducks

The duck hunting was great the first 45 minutes every morning.Guessing any where from 1,000-5,000 pintails every morning limit being 1.We shot only 1 mallard during the trip and that was the only 1 we saw.

If your planning a trip 1 thing i recommend is just plan on 2 boxes of ammo every day.Bring every thing you own for clothes from warm weather hunting to mid 20 degree hunting wet and dry conditions.
    I think this next week the season changes to no limit on snows and you can use electronic callers.I wanted to stay for this hunt but figured 2 boxes of ammo only got me my limits by 9 am or so what would i need for a full day of action no limits hmmm my guess would be some none hunters wallet

For the do-it yourself hunters small white bags on a stick is the ticket.1 decoy bag holds about 400.Just remember to hunt a good 30 yards down wind if using the bags in windy condtions.The geese can hear the bags and flare off about 25-30 yards down wind

waterfowler99
    Midwest

great report detail i like “punk” canadians thanks again for all the detail

waterfowler99
    Midwest

great report detail i like “punk” canadians thanks again for all the detail

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.