Opener

• col._klink
    St Paul

Just wondering if there is any interest for a posting of pictures from opening weekend?

If you get em shoot em with the camera and post them here.

the_grump
    Le Center

I will have my camera with, just have to have MM show me how to post pics.

Can’t wait for the season to start, cause I’m ready to em!

the_grump
    Le Center

I will have my camera with, just have to have MM show me how to post pics.

Can’t wait for the season to start, cause I’m ready to em!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I am going to have the camera in hand since it will be sprig (my 10 month old labs) first duck opener so i am excited to get him out and just hope that first bird will be right on front in the decoys flapping a little for him to make a mark and keep him in sight…..i can see it now i hope!!! now i have to decide if i wanna go with a small spread or just bring the house to get there attention to check it out with a lot of feeder butts…..

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I am going to have the camera in hand since it will be sprig (my 10 month old labs) first duck opener so i am excited to get him out and just hope that first bird will be right on front in the decoys flapping a little for him to make a mark and keep him in sight…..i can see it now i hope!!! now i have to decide if i wanna go with a small spread or just bring the house to get there attention to check it out with a lot of feeder butts…..

col._klink
    St Paul

I going to put out lots of butts and a few mallards. No more than 12 reg.

col._klink
    St Paul

I going to put out lots of butts and a few mallards. No more than 12 reg.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

we are going large, atleast 72 if not more, most of them are magnums, leaving the regulars at home in the shed, will be breaking out another 80 next weekend. oh yeah, also 13 geese.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

we are going large, atleast 72 if not more, most of them are magnums, leaving the regulars at home in the shed, will be breaking out another 80 next weekend. oh yeah, also 13 geese.

shane

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think early in the season a big spread may flare ducks a little. They are just not flocked together yet. We will have a couple dozen and a dozen geese out. and of course a couple robos.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think early in the season a big spread may flare ducks a little. They are just not flocked together yet. We will have a couple dozen and a dozen geese out. and of course a couple robos.

col._klink
    St Paul

We were out this morning and banged 3 honkers and a couple of mallards! Great morning! We also shot 4 coots. Not on purpose they were decoying so well they looked like woodies coming in. Weird but it was a great time.

Hopefully Mon Am will be the same. Lots of action and dumb Geese makes for a happy day!

col._klink
    St Paul

We were out this morning and banged 3 honkers and a couple of mallards! Great morning! We also shot 4 coots. Not on purpose they were decoying so well they looked like woodies coming in. Weird but it was a great time.

Hopefully Mon Am will be the same. Lots of action and dumb Geese makes for a happy day!

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Yeah same thing happend to us about the coots they decoyed in and be for I could say dont shoot we had one laying in the water.

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Yeah same thing happend to us about the coots they decoyed in and be for I could say dont shoot we had one laying in the water.

the_grump
    Le Center

This mornings hunt, was a little slow but bagged two geese, and a mallard. My dog made two of his finest retrieves. The mallard fell about 40yards into the cattails, but he marked it and had back in seconds.
    One of the geese was wounded and it took about 100yds to chase it down, after a little battle he got it back to the boat.

the_grump
    Le Center

This mornings hunt, was a little slow but bagged two geese, and a mallard. My dog made two of his finest retrieves. The mallard fell about 40yards into the cattails, but he marked it and had back in seconds.
    One of the geese was wounded and it took about 100yds to chase it down, after a little battle he got it back to the boat.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Drake found the bird way back in the cattails! That’s great! Were you on “floating bog” swamp? It appears like from the background.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Drake found the bird way back in the cattails! That’s great! Were you on “floating bog” swamp? It appears like from the background.

the_grump
    Le Center

Waiting for action

the_grump
    Le Center

Waiting for action

the_grump
    Le Center

Quote:

Yes, and a big “floater” moved into the landing plugging it up. It seemed like it took an hour to get threw it in the dark.
    Nobody else seems to be duck hunting this year, had the whole lake to myself.

the_grump
    Le Center

Quote:

Yes, and a big “floater” moved into the landing plugging it up. It seemed like it took an hour to get threw it in the dark.
    Nobody else seems to be duck hunting this year, had the whole lake to myself.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed far fewer duck hunters as well this year. Not that it bothers me.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed far fewer duck hunters as well this year. Not that it bothers me.

col._klink
    St Paul

Nice pics grump!!

I was out with my Dad this morning around home. It was his first time out Duck hunting since he was a kid. He had just lost his job last week after 25 years he is beating his head against the wall trying to figure what to do.

I told him to start living a little. So we went out Duck hunting.

What a day. Got 2 Geese one was banded that was my first ever band! We also shot 2 hen green teal, 1 hen mallard, drake woody and a hen woody!

He was pretty pumped and said he felt good for the first time in a couple of weeks.

col._klink
    St Paul

Nice pics grump!!

I was out with my Dad this morning around home. It was his first time out Duck hunting since he was a kid. He had just lost his job last week after 25 years he is beating his head against the wall trying to figure what to do.

I told him to start living a little. So we went out Duck hunting.

What a day. Got 2 Geese one was banded that was my first ever band! We also shot 2 hen green teal, 1 hen mallard, drake woody and a hen woody!

He was pretty pumped and said he felt good for the first time in a couple of weeks.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

Nothing more important than time with family.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.