How to you eat your Duck?

• duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

I like making jerkey

It’s the only way to go.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I think I’m one of the few guys that loves the true taste of duck.

I lightly season with Lowry’s and put it in one of those counter top rotisseries and in 25 minutes, dinner is served.

Sully

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I think I’m one of the few guys that loves the true taste of duck.

I lightly season with Lowry’s and put it in one of those counter top rotisseries and in 25 minutes, dinner is served.

Sully

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Bacon wrapped duck all the way

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Bacon wrapped duck all the way

lars
    Rochester, MN

DUCK CADILLAC STYLE

My buddy in LAX taught us this recipe and I rarely do anything else:

Pluck just the breast and then cut the whole breastbone out with the meat and skin still attached. Peel the skin back on both sides to the middle bone that separates the 2 pieces of meat. Season the meat and then flip the skin back to normal and season the top of the skin. Put it breast bone down on a hot grill and turn down to med. heat. Move around every 5-10 mins. to avoid hotspots, cook to med-rare. You then can eat it just like chicken. Sounds like alot of work but it is really nothing to do. Leaving the skin on the birds really keeps the meat moist, even when over-done.

lars
    Rochester, MN

DUCK CADILLAC STYLE

My buddy in LAX taught us this recipe and I rarely do anything else:

Pluck just the breast and then cut the whole breastbone out with the meat and skin still attached. Peel the skin back on both sides to the middle bone that separates the 2 pieces of meat. Season the meat and then flip the skin back to normal and season the top of the skin. Put it breast bone down on a hot grill and turn down to med. heat. Move around every 5-10 mins. to avoid hotspots, cook to med-rare. You then can eat it just like chicken. Sounds like alot of work but it is really nothing to do. Leaving the skin on the birds really keeps the meat moist, even when over-done.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Duck Poppers (Also work for any meat)

Cut a Jalapeno pepper in half and scrap out the seeds. Fill the pepper with cream cheese and place a raw peice of duck onto the cream cheese. Sprinkler some “Canadian Steak” seasoning all over and wrap with a thin cut piece of bacon. Them BBQ. Pretty tasty.

This is also excellent with ven, turkey, and pheasant.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Duck Poppers (Also work for any meat)

Cut a Jalapeno pepper in half and scrap out the seeds. Fill the pepper with cream cheese and place a raw peice of duck onto the cream cheese. Sprinkler some “Canadian Steak” seasoning all over and wrap with a thin cut piece of bacon. Them BBQ. Pretty tasty.

This is also excellent with ven, turkey, and pheasant.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

As you know MM, the stuffed jalepenos are the staple of my pot luck contribution. It’s just too bad you had to remind of them right now. I’ll have to wait until the 2nd weekend to get some filling.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

As you know MM, the stuffed jalepenos are the staple of my pot luck contribution. It’s just too bad you had to remind of them right now. I’ll have to wait until the 2nd weekend to get some filling.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.