Need waterfowl guide help PLEASE!

• Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Hey guys I know it is summer–but I really need your help. My best friend Tony is stationed in Iraq right now for his fifth tour of the Middle East. He will be home on leave in mid-October and he wants to go waterfowl hunting. He has put me in charge of getting us a guide. Figured we would have to go north to find good hunting then–may be Devil’s Lake area. Anyway, there will be two adults and two boys (only one boy will be shooting) and he would like to bring his own dog. Any suggestions guys? Thanks.

–Whitey

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Not to steer you away from a great website like IDA. But there is a good North Dakota website that should help you out. It is http://www.nodakoutdoors.com. Put this post on there in the duck hunting section. I go up there often so if you have any questions please ask. I do not use a guide and hunt a little west of there but know the area. Good luck in your search
    Mark

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Not to steer you away from a great website like IDA. But there is a good North Dakota website that should help you out. It is http://www.nodakoutdoors.com. Put this post on there in the duck hunting section. I go up there often so if you have any questions please ask. I do not use a guide and hunt a little west of there but know the area. Good luck in your search
    Mark

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Look for the website links to Woodland Resort and Devils Lake Guides and Outfitters (www.devilslakeguide.com). Like the other post, I don’t hunt DL but I hunt about two hours west of there. If you’re interested in guides in that area check out http://www.bottineau.com/fall. There is a list of guides for that area. The Kersten’s and Tonneson’s I know personally and they’ve been guiding for years! Another good ND website is fishingbuddy.com. Yes it has hunting forums as well!
    Let me know if you have any questions on the area.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Look for the website links to Woodland Resort and Devils Lake Guides and Outfitters (www.devilslakeguide.com). Like the other post, I don’t hunt DL but I hunt about two hours west of there. If you’re interested in guides in that area check out http://www.bottineau.com/fall. There is a list of guides for that area. The Kersten’s and Tonneson’s I know personally and they’ve been guiding for years! Another good ND website is fishingbuddy.com. Yes it has hunting forums as well!
    Let me know if you have any questions on the area.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Contact Matt Gindorff (Fargo) at Knock em Down Outfitters. He has worked for Cabela’s, guided in Argentina, etc…
    (701)232-1965
    Tell him Mike Nagorski sent you, he is a buddy from HS.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Contact Matt Gindorff (Fargo) at Knock em Down Outfitters. He has worked for Cabela’s, guided in Argentina, etc…
    (701)232-1965
    Tell him Mike Nagorski sent you, he is a buddy from HS.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Here is a new number for Matt Gindorff (612)590-8510, also check out knockmdown.com to learn more about them.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Here is a new number for Matt Gindorff (612)590-8510, also check out knockmdown.com to learn more about them.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Not to change the subject, but going to anyways……..

Your buddy is on his 5th tour?!?!?! All volunteer tours, or is it a rotation he is on?

Either way, tell him THANKS!!!!!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Not to change the subject, but going to anyways……..

Your buddy is on his 5th tour?!?!?! All volunteer tours, or is it a rotation he is on?

Either way, tell him THANKS!!!!!!

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Than ks for the help guys. I am excited to spend a couple days with him. He did 2 tours during the gulf war when he was regular army. He came back and is finishing out his career in the National Guard. He did one tour at a Patriot missle site in Saudi Arabis and one tour in Egypt and is now back in Iraq. He has been at it a long time and am proud of him and any military member!

–Whitey

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Than ks for the help guys. I am excited to spend a couple days with him. He did 2 tours during the gulf war when he was regular army. He came back and is finishing out his career in the National Guard. He did one tour at a Patriot missle site in Saudi Arabis and one tour in Egypt and is now back in Iraq. He has been at it a long time and am proud of him and any military member!

–Whitey

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

I AM RELATED TO THE TONNESON’S AND THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT HUNTING UP THERE.

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

I AM RELATED TO THE TONNESON’S AND THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT HUNTING UP THERE.

kris_brantner
    My river

honestly, there are so many ducks out that way that a guide isnt even really needed. expecially if you go for the week or two on oct.

kris_brantner
    My river

honestly, there are so many ducks out that way that a guide isnt even really needed. expecially if you go for the week or two on oct.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Jason. If you guys want to hunt Canada’s around Rochester, PM me and I’ll set you guys up for free!!!!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Jason. If you guys want to hunt Canada’s around Rochester, PM me and I’ll set you guys up for free!!!!

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

That is an awesome offer and I will pass it on to Tony! Thanks!

–Whitey

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

That is an awesome offer and I will pass it on to Tony! Thanks!

–Whitey

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.