Decent Deer Opener

• kris_brantner
    My river

Unlike everybody else and their brother, i dont go deer hunting. call me stupid or stubborn or call me what ever u want, but i am a duckhunter to the end. set up on a sandbar where a creek dumps out that a few ducks and geese had been using. there was hardly any cover there at all except a few sticks that the beavers had drug up there. so i brought the finisher, and it did the trick. ducks and geese had no idea i was there at all. wasnt many ducks flying but i managed to scratch down 3. a pair of geese came in, cupped from a couple hundred yards out and set right in. all i had was 4 shot left but i still pummeled the first one, but “gut shot” the other. he flew fine about 400 yards out on the lake and did the death sail then crashed into the water and im sure he was deader than a door nail. no way to get out there, i had to watch the waves carry it the other direction. sucks, i hate loosing birds. but ne ways, all u “diehard duckhunters” have fun shooting at the deers. ill be killing the birds

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I managed to get my deer on Sunday, Now I can go back to ducks. SO I went out yesterday and got 3 green heads, 1 black duck and 2 greenwing teal.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I managed to get my deer on Sunday, Now I can go back to ducks. SO I went out yesterday and got 3 green heads, 1 black duck and 2 greenwing teal.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were THE days in the area we hunted…..limits of Mallards were the norm for pretty much everybody in the general area (which really wasn’t that many people ). Sunday was slower, but still better than average.

Had to break a hole in the ice earlier in the week…..Ice was just about gone by Sunday night

Saturday’s spread

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were THE days in the area we hunted…..limits of Mallards were the norm for pretty much everybody in the general area (which really wasn’t that many people ). Sunday was slower, but still better than average.

Had to break a hole in the ice earlier in the week…..Ice was just about gone by Sunday night

Saturday’s spread

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

and the results

Get at it while the gettin is good!!! Were gonna be ice fishin by the end of this week!!!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

and the results

Get at it while the gettin is good!!! Were gonna be ice fishin by the end of this week!!!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Nice birds man!!!! Looks like a couple of real plumpers in that pile.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Nice birds man!!!! Looks like a couple of real plumpers in that pile.

Andy68
    Rochester

hey real nice birds Jake!!! now how many shells did you shoot?

Andy68
    Rochester

hey real nice birds Jake!!! now how many shells did you shoot?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.