Keeping secret spots…..SECRET!!!

• herb
    6ft under

Keep it to yourself Jake. Even your best friends have friends if you know what I mean. Once somebody else locates your secret spot, whether you showed them or not, it’s no longer a secret.
    Also, if this spot is that good, sooner or later somebody will spot you or follow you there.
    Heck, I’ve got crappie spots on the river I wouldn’t even show my pet trolls, the little squealers!

micah-witham
    Richfield

i’m not a hunter but do love to fish and have thought about this issue. sounds like some issues of whether you trust people or not with things that are dear to your heart…an old dead english guy who had a lot to say that people found helpful says this in a book called “the four loves”

“to love at all is to be vulnerable. love aything and you heart will be wrung and possibly broken. if you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin or your selfishness. but in that casket–safe, dark, motionless, airless—it will change. it will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. the only place outside heaven you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is hell.”
    c.s. lewis

micah-witham
    Richfield

i’m not a hunter but do love to fish and have thought about this issue. sounds like some issues of whether you trust people or not with things that are dear to your heart…an old dead english guy who had a lot to say that people found helpful says this in a book called “the four loves”

“to love at all is to be vulnerable. love aything and you heart will be wrung and possibly broken. if you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin or your selfishness. but in that casket–safe, dark, motionless, airless—it will change. it will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. the only place outside heaven you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is hell.”
    c.s. lewis

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Jake;

It is “OK” to have secret fishing or hunting spots.

There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!!!!!!

Take only those who you trust. But rest assured, that who ever you take there, they are going to tell those that they trust, and so on and so on and so on………

Eventually, it won’t become a secret…….

So, if you want to protect your findings, keep it to yourself………

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Jake;

It is “OK” to have secret fishing or hunting spots.

There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!!!!!!

Take only those who you trust. But rest assured, that who ever you take there, they are going to tell those that they trust, and so on and so on and so on………

Eventually, it won’t become a secret…….

So, if you want to protect your findings, keep it to yourself………

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

First of all this”secret spot” on the pool 5 of the Miss. yeh right only you and the Indians know about it right

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

First of all this”secret spot” on the pool 5 of the Miss. yeh right only you and the Indians know about it right

nubbinbuck

Who do you take? Well, someone that is going to shoot em. That kind of leaves out my good buddy, Gator…..

nubbinbuck

Who do you take? Well, someone that is going to shoot em. That kind of leaves out my good buddy, Gator…..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Take no one….

and tell them the truth..if they can’t handle it? then they are not your true friends

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Take no one….

and tell them the truth..if they can’t handle it? then they are not your true friends

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Ok, take me.

I don’t live up that way so I won’t make it back to spoil it.

None of my true freinds would ever get there as they live further away than I do.

I can bring my own boat, gun, shells, decoys, calls, lunch and I have some good jokes.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Ok, take me.

I don’t live up that way so I won’t make it back to spoil it.

None of my true freinds would ever get there as they live further away than I do.

I can bring my own boat, gun, shells, decoys, calls, lunch and I have some good jokes.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

TOLD YA!!!

and just for the record, that fourth mallard is indeed a drake……It was still a bit tough to ID birds, but I had been passing on so many already, when he came in I saw the brown and white chest, so I whacked em …….Oh well

No secret spots on the river? Bahhhhhh

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

TOLD YA!!!

and just for the record, that fourth mallard is indeed a drake……It was still a bit tough to ID birds, but I had been passing on so many already, when he came in I saw the brown and white chest, so I whacked em …….Oh well

No secret spots on the river? Bahhhhhh

Andy68
    Rochester

so jake i guess that i being one of those people that you can trust with such a big secret and since i have know you for such a long time i think that you can trust me with that valuable info. you know i can keep a secret at least for a month or 2

Andy68
    Rochester

so jake i guess that i being one of those people that you can trust with such a big secret and since i have know you for such a long time i think that you can trust me with that valuable info. you know i can keep a secret at least for a month or 2

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Tell no one! Take no one! 10 years ago I may have taken somone. Now it seams that very few people have true ethics when it comes to hunting. The pressure us getting higher and the areas we can hunt is becoming limited. You have obviously put in the work to find this spot. They can put in the work to find there own. Too many people think they should be able to throw the boat in the water on sat and find ducks or fish for that matter. They don’t realise how many hour s some of us put in to find one honey hole!

just my thoughts.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Tell no one! Take no one! 10 years ago I may have taken somone. Now it seams that very few people have true ethics when it comes to hunting. The pressure us getting higher and the areas we can hunt is becoming limited. You have obviously put in the work to find this spot. They can put in the work to find there own. Too many people think they should be able to throw the boat in the water on sat and find ducks or fish for that matter. They don’t realise how many hour s some of us put in to find one honey hole!

just my thoughts.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Reading your post last week got me to thinking what I would do. Personally, I dislike hunting alone, its much more fun as we all know in a group. Most of my hunting is done on private land so I’ve never had to consider this dilemma on public land you’ve worked hard to discover.

I liked the previous posters idea to take people and hope that they will in turn take you to some of their hotspots. I always assume the best in people. Or you could take hunters that don’t have a boat or are not from the area. You could also find some young hunters without boats to introduce to the sport thinking that the chances are low they’ll ever find this spot years later on their own. Or take an old hunter who cannot go on their own any longer. Just some ideas to consider in order to be able to hunt with others in your honey hole.

Nice birds by the way!

Redneck definition of waterfront: She sure looks good from behind but I’d like to see waterfront looks like before I ask her out!!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Reading your post last week got me to thinking what I would do. Personally, I dislike hunting alone, its much more fun as we all know in a group. Most of my hunting is done on private land so I’ve never had to consider this dilemma on public land you’ve worked hard to discover.

I liked the previous posters idea to take people and hope that they will in turn take you to some of their hotspots. I always assume the best in people. Or you could take hunters that don’t have a boat or are not from the area. You could also find some young hunters without boats to introduce to the sport thinking that the chances are low they’ll ever find this spot years later on their own. Or take an old hunter who cannot go on their own any longer. Just some ideas to consider in order to be able to hunt with others in your honey hole.

Nice birds by the way!

Redneck definition of waterfront: She sure looks good from behind but I’d like to see waterfront looks like before I ask her out!!

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.