still shooten some

• buckmaster

Quote:

how about everone on the duck forum gets to gether sometime in dec and hav us a little calling contest

Fish,

You still aren’t hunting in Dec.? For me I will be hunting still around that time. Hung up the dekes, waders and gun on the 9th of Jan. last year……….

FOR THE CONTEST:
    Contest calling is a heck of a lot different then field calling, but the WWA holds a duck calling contest every year at the end of August or begining of September. You probably already know about it though with your buddy being a guide and you helping him. It is a chance to show your skills and win a trip to the Calling Championship in Stuttgart,AK………It is a good time…….Hope you can make it! See a lot of good callers here.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Hey fawnmaster,
    Sorry to bring up the fact, but just wanted to say that you have to be lucky to kill ducks not so much skilled. I have a plastic call and it works fine I think, but I am not a competition caller(?) or out for killing every duck that comes in. I like to be out there with friends and the dog! thanks though!

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Hey fawnmaster,
    Sorry to bring up the fact, but just wanted to say that you have to be lucky to kill ducks not so much skilled. I have a plastic call and it works fine I think, but I am not a competition caller(?) or out for killing every duck that comes in. I like to be out there with friends and the dog! thanks though!

buckmaster

Thanks Gold-digger! I will try and keep your theory in mind next time I am out. Where does a guy get his hands on some of that luck stuff your talking about???? Oh, never mind I bet you can get it next to the money trees huh??????? Also, I don’t kill everything that comes in, I let the hen mallards fly away, but sometimes they get caught in cross fire and accidents happen.

P.S. I have 2 plastic calls.

and I like leaf loooking to!!!!!!!!

buckmaster

Thanks Gold-digger! I will try and keep your theory in mind next time I am out. Where does a guy get his hands on some of that luck stuff your talking about???? Oh, never mind I bet you can get it next to the money trees huh??????? Also, I don’t kill everything that comes in, I let the hen mallards fly away, but sometimes they get caught in cross fire and accidents happen.

P.S. I have 2 plastic calls.

and I like leaf loooking to!!!!!!!!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Hey u2:

Isn’t acryllic a type of plastic? And isn’t polycarbonate also a plastic? So what exactly are you trying to say about having plastic calls?????

Sincerely, Pot Stirrer.

PS, went jump shooting last night and got a couple of drake woodies. It was fun.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Hey u2:

Isn’t acryllic a type of plastic? And isn’t polycarbonate also a plastic? So what exactly are you trying to say about having plastic calls?????

Sincerely, Pot Stirrer.

PS, went jump shooting last night and got a couple of drake woodies. It was fun.

kris_brantner
    My river

well i dont know or dont wanna know where you are shooting ducks in december. unless you are a little south of us, our season here closed dec 4, and goose season closes a little before x mas. im not saying it takes a compitition caller to call in birds, this morning it was so foggy, you couldnt see the birds untill they came out of thin air about 30 yards away. we didnt make one quack this morning, and still was 1 bird shy of a full limit. nothing wrong with poly, or wood calls, they make the same basic sounds as a acrylic. any body who is any body if they are in the right place at the right time and make a few of the right calls when needed, can kill ducks.

kris_brantner
    My river

well i dont know or dont wanna know where you are shooting ducks in december. unless you are a little south of us, our season here closed dec 4, and goose season closes a little before x mas. im not saying it takes a compitition caller to call in birds, this morning it was so foggy, you couldnt see the birds untill they came out of thin air about 30 yards away. we didnt make one quack this morning, and still was 1 bird shy of a full limit. nothing wrong with poly, or wood calls, they make the same basic sounds as a acrylic. any body who is any body if they are in the right place at the right time and make a few of the right calls when needed, can kill ducks.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

Quote:

how about everone on the duck forum gets to gether sometime in dec and hav us a little calling contest

Fish,

You still aren’t hunting in Dec.? For me I will be hunting still around that time. Hung up the dekes, waders and gun on the 9th of Jan. last year……….

FOR THE CONTEST:
    Contest calling is a heck of a lot different then field calling, but the WWA holds a duck calling contest every year at the end of August or begining of September. You probably already know about it though with your buddy being a guide and you helping him. It is a chance to show your skills and win a trip to the Calling Championship in Stuttgart,AK………It is a good time…….Hope you can make it! See a lot of good callers here.

I’ll see you at WI State!

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

Quote:

Fish,

FOR THE CONTEST:

I’ll see you at WI State!

buckmaster

Quote:

well i dont know or dont wanna know where you are shooting ducks in december.

buckmaster

Quote:

well i dont know or dont wanna know where you are shooting ducks in december.

buckmaster

Going to buy me a RNT and then maybe I will see you at the contest!

buckmaster

jeweler
    Wisconsin

What is this contest you guys keep talking about?

jeweler
    Wisconsin

What is this contest you guys keep talking about?

buckmaster

A contest where all the WI callers get together and see who the best caller in the state is. Good time you should come.

buckmaster

A contest where all the WI callers get together and see who the best caller in the state is. Good time you should come.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Hey there fawnmaster! I am sorry that I asked. I hope that you go and get your a## kicked! As for those sounds, yeah my mercury does flood out once in awhile. Are you saying I should start it up when the birds fly?
    PS sorry I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Hey there fawnmaster! I am sorry that I asked. I hope that you go and get your a## kicked! As for those sounds, yeah my mercury does flood out once in awhile. Are you saying I should start it up when the birds fly?
    PS sorry I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckmaster

Don’t start the mercury, just learn to do the laughing mallard and you will shoot ducks. But then again it is all luck right??

P.S. Ask a question and you will recieve a answer!

Oh, and on the calling I am sure I will get my kicked just like I do every year…..

buckmaster

Don’t start the mercury, just learn to do the laughing mallard and you will shoot ducks. But then again it is all luck right??

P.S. Ask a question and you will recieve a answer!

Oh, and on the calling I am sure I will get my kicked just like I do every year…..

kris_brantner
    My river

Quote:

i WILL kick your @$$ with my “overpriced” RNT call than with any P.O.S. call that you might think you sound good on. Bring it on buckpoacher, bring, it, on….

kris_brantner
    My river

Quote:

i WILL kick your @$$ with my “overpriced” RNT call than with any P.O.S. call that you might think you sound good on. Bring it on buckpoacher, bring, it, on….

kris_brantner
    My river

you know you talk a pretty big game. at least i can back it up. i eat and sleep duckhunting. i dont deer hunt, not even gun. i dont fall turkey hunt, i dont squirrel hunt, i dont rabbit hunt. all i do is duck hunt. im proud of the ducks i shoot. i do alot of hard work and scouting and you seem to be the only one that thinks im putting them on here to brag. making fun of peoples calling is also very disrespectful. it took me along time to learn how to blow a duck call the “right” way, as in the air is not from your cheeks, but your diaphram. like how the air comes out when you cough or try to fog up a window. im sure people that read these posts, sometimes do the flooded mercury call or the laughing mallard call. who cares, the only reason they do it is cuz theyve killed ducks doing it before. fred zink has a cd out called mallards gone wild. its a bunch of ducks in a slough recorded so you can hear how they naturally sound. some of those mallards do sound like they are making the teal call (laughing mallard). some have raspy quacks, and some have crisp, higher noted quacks. point is, stop making fun of the way people call. and please stop acting like a little kid. everyone is sick of your remarks, and i am asking nicely to lighten up a little. state contest in sept, c ya there, and as far as a guide job, im sorry, we are booked all fall

kris_brantner
    My river

you know you talk a pretty big game. at least i can back it up. i eat and sleep duckhunting. i dont deer hunt, not even gun. i dont fall turkey hunt, i dont squirrel hunt, i dont rabbit hunt. all i do is duck hunt. im proud of the ducks i shoot. i do alot of hard work and scouting and you seem to be the only one that thinks im putting them on here to brag. making fun of peoples calling is also very disrespectful. it took me along time to learn how to blow a duck call the “right” way, as in the air is not from your cheeks, but your diaphram. like how the air comes out when you cough or try to fog up a window. im sure people that read these posts, sometimes do the flooded mercury call or the laughing mallard call. who cares, the only reason they do it is cuz theyve killed ducks doing it before. fred zink has a cd out called mallards gone wild. its a bunch of ducks in a slough recorded so you can hear how they naturally sound. some of those mallards do sound like they are making the teal call (laughing mallard). some have raspy quacks, and some have crisp, higher noted quacks. point is, stop making fun of the way people call. and please stop acting like a little kid. everyone is sick of your remarks, and i am asking nicely to lighten up a little. state contest in sept, c ya there, and as far as a guide job, im sorry, we are booked all fall

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.