Shotgun Shells

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I like the Winchester Supremes, but the regular Winchesters and Remington’s do nothing for me. I find the Kent, Estate, PMC, and blue box Federals to be just as good for less money.

How much is the heavi-steel by the box?

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I usually stick with Federal or Winchester….I got some bad Remmingtons a couple years ago…I found out in ND when we jumped our first slough….the husk was about 1/4 inch longer than a normal 3″ and jammed in my 870 turning it in to a single shot…..every time. I had to borrow shells for the rest of the day then go buy new shells to use for the rest of my trip.
    JB

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I usually stick with Federal or Winchester….I got some bad Remmingtons a couple years ago…I found out in ND when we jumped our first slough….the husk was about 1/4 inch longer than a normal 3″ and jammed in my 870 turning it in to a single shot…..every time. I had to borrow shells for the rest of the day then go buy new shells to use for the rest of my trip.
    JB

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Moss…..Hevi-Steel runs around $20 a box of 25.

Had a buddy try a couple boxes of it in SD last spring on snows…..he didn’t feel it worked any better than the Kent we were otherwise using (after all, it is still Steel )

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Moss…..Hevi-Steel runs around $20 a box of 25.

Had a buddy try a couple boxes of it in SD last spring on snows…..he didn’t feel it worked any better than the Kent we were otherwise using (after all, it is still Steel )

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Yeah, to me it didn’t seem heavy enough to make that much of a difference. Get it down to 14 bucks a box and I would try it.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Yeah, to me it didn’t seem heavy enough to make that much of a difference. Get it down to 14 bucks a box and I would try it.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.