Wi Youth Duck Hunt

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Well I planed on getting up early and taking my daughter out on her first duck hunt. I think I was more excited then she was. She ended up going to the Ellsworth panther football game Friday night and calling me about 10 o’clock asking if she could stay at a friends. I’m like, I guess so, what about duck hunting in the morning I asked? She said can you pick me up about 11 a.m. then we can go. I said …….ok, not sure how good the hunting will be at that time, but we can try it. Well I was a little disappointed that she wasn’t in a great big hurry to hit it first thing in the morning, but what do you do, don’t push them right. I picked her up at 11 and we made it out to our blind by 1:30 PM I know not the most ideal time right…….wrong it was fast and furies for about an hour. The look on her face when she dropped her first drake Wood duck was awesome…..she’s like I can’t believe I hit it…..must take after dad right!!!! She was awesome 3 ducks 25 shots, not bad for the first hunt of her life. Lots of woodies around and a few teal. Looking forward the opener.

Whatsa I have a new camera and have not figured out how to resize pictures yet I’ll add a picture if I can figure it out. She ended up with two drake woodies and a green wing teal.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I knew I’d figure it out if I worked on it long enough. Here is a pic of our great first hunt at Mid day. Whatsa

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I knew I’d figure it out if I worked on it long enough. Here is a pic of our great first hunt at Mid day. Whatsa

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Good job Dad! Great Shooting Daughter!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Good job Dad! Great Shooting Daughter!

Andy68
    Rochester

hey great shooting, i my self had a good youth day and it sounds like you did to.

Andy68
    Rochester

hey great shooting, i my self had a good youth day and it sounds like you did to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.