ducks

• bblouden

how is hunting during the evening compared to morning i have not gone in the evening as i am semi new to duck hunting we always go in the morning was thinking of going out after work one day

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

fishn—I have had the majority of my best hunts in the afternoon. So don’t hesitate to go then, you may be pleasantly surprised.

John

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

fishn—I have had the majority of my best hunts in the afternoon. So don’t hesitate to go then, you may be pleasantly surprised.

John

wing_nutt3

I think it is about equal, I believe later in the season the afternoon hunt can be better. It is just a matter of how much time do you have to go. Sometime’s the duck’s don’t get moving until later in the morning or day. When there is actually a big push then I think anytime is a good time for the most part.

wing_nutt3

I think it is about equal, I believe later in the season the afternoon hunt can be better. It is just a matter of how much time do you have to go. Sometime’s the duck’s don’t get moving until later in the morning or day. When there is actually a big push then I think anytime is a good time for the most part.

buckmaster

I have had my best hunts in early to mid morning I will tell ya that. Hunting at night in my area seems to be slow on public waters. Unless you want geese!!! For a few of my private ponds I tend to let the ducks feed and rest at nights in these ponds, but if a guy wanted he could really slaughter them. Guess, to answer your question it just depends on the area and if the birds are around. That is why they call it hunting I guess. Good luck.

buckmaster

I have had my best hunts in early to mid morning I will tell ya that. Hunting at night in my area seems to be slow on public waters. Unless you want geese!!! For a few of my private ponds I tend to let the ducks feed and rest at nights in these ponds, but if a guy wanted he could really slaughter them. Guess, to answer your question it just depends on the area and if the birds are around. That is why they call it hunting I guess. Good luck.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Late in the year my best shoots come in thelate mourning to 3 pm alittle less pressure and the birds seem to decoy easier

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Late in the year my best shoots come in thelate mourning to 3 pm alittle less pressure and the birds seem to decoy easier

Brian Lyons

Best Mallard shooting after opener?
    10am till 2pm, year after year ……..B

Brian Lyons

Best Mallard shooting after opener?
    10am till 2pm, year after year ……..B

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.