Canadian Full bodies

• nubbinbuck

Looking to pick up a dozen this summer. Was set on Bigfoots, but I heard that a couple of other companies are coming out with new models. Any thoughts? Also, any of you ‘flock’ your dekes?

mudcatkid
    On water

i love BigFoots……….. they have always worked, and always will. but now there are comparable/better decoys out there for similar prices. check out the Avery Green HEad Gear goose dekes. so far i added a doz to my spread, i got them this winter so i have yet to try them.

To my knowledge, Avery is even flocking the heads from the factory on the 2004 models……. and they are cheaper then ‘Foots. and they aslo look better IMO.

mudcatkid
    On water

i love BigFoots……….. they have always worked, and always will. but now there are comparable/better decoys out there for similar prices. check out the Avery Green HEad Gear goose dekes. so far i added a doz to my spread, i got them this winter so i have yet to try them.

To my knowledge, Avery is even flocking the heads from the factory on the 2004 models……. and they are cheaper then ‘Foots. and they aslo look better IMO.

grouse

What about the Higdon’s? I was sent a four pack just to see what they look like. The bodies seem to be quite a bit harder, meaning they don’t cave in at all. That is a good thing, seeing as the Bigfoots occasionally cave in when they are being thrown in trailers and pickups. The one main difference between the Bigfoots and the Higdon’s is the way the Higdon’s feet are put together. The Bigfoot feet are one piece, the Higdon’s are three pieces. The Higdon feet could be easily glued or epoxied though. Higdons are much cheaper also.

grouse

What about the Higdon’s? I was sent a four pack just to see what they look like. The bodies seem to be quite a bit harder, meaning they don’t cave in at all. That is a good thing, seeing as the Bigfoots occasionally cave in when they are being thrown in trailers and pickups. The one main difference between the Bigfoots and the Higdon’s is the way the Higdon’s feet are put together. The Bigfoot feet are one piece, the Higdon’s are three pieces. The Higdon feet could be easily glued or epoxied though. Higdons are much cheaper also.

nubbinbuck

I’m sure most of you know this, but I heard GHG is coming out with a full body in August. I guess the early reviews have been very good. They will come with flocked heads from the factory.

nubbinbuck

I’m sure most of you know this, but I heard GHG is coming out with a full body in August. I guess the early reviews have been very good. They will come with flocked heads from the factory.

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

We hunt over 12 dozen of the newer avery full bodies and like them alot. They all have the flocked facotry heads. After hunting with them all last year appox. 75 days they still look really good. The paint and flock hasn’t worn at all really.

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

We hunt over 12 dozen of the newer avery full bodies and like them alot. They all have the flocked facotry heads. After hunting with them all last year appox. 75 days they still look really good. The paint and flock hasn’t worn at all really.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.