water temps?

• Josh Mueller

Anyone been out lately? water temps? hows the day/night bite?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

33-34 degrees under ice. Maybe 33-35 degrees near the dam in open water with an occasional temp rising above that on clear warm days, but the water won’t support a warmer temp over night right now.

Welcome to IDO by the way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

At L&D #3…

Attachments:
    1. boromir.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what happened around the first of the year, but reactor #1 going off line is pretty evident.

Josh Mueller

thanks for the info! with reactor #1 being down do you think the bite has slowed down a bit? (thinking about heading down today). do you know how long until the reactor gets fixed? do you know how long it takes for the water to warm up back up to its original temps around 35? thanks.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I think the fish adjust to the drop in water temps pretty quick up near the dam or even a few miles below. The current keeps them in need of staying active and activity equates to the need for food. I think with a prolonged shut down the most notable change in fish behavior will be found where ice covers the water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The bite did slow this last weekend (reported by most anyway).
    Xcel stated it should be down for 2 weeks so I’m going to guess she should be back up any day now.

The water temp will rise almost immediately, well a day or two before the announcement that it’s back on line.

But to answer your questions directly. No I don’t know. crazy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.