Watching the Snow Track in MN Tonight

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Initial forecasts called for accumulations to stay south of Mille Lacs. Everything is moving N/NE now. Fingers crossed those lakes in central mn that just iced over don’t get too much heavy, wet snow tonight…I’d like to fish some of those central MN lakes in the coming days.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2015-11-30-18-47-14.png

Bruce Keister

Yea lakes up in northern MN are just starting to get enough to go out on,was 5 inches of ice tonight, checked a bay on lake vermilion on my work break and it has 2 inches

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I’m with you James! We finally started to make some progress would/could be a deffinate setback?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Around 3.5″ here in St Cloud… not good for the ice making… crazy

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

It was raining pretty good here in Rochester just a short time ago. Its still above freezing too.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Yep, looking at the forecasted temps and the lack of anything other than skim ice, I’d say we might be closer to January before we have fishable ice around here.

Phil S.

Just hoping for enough ice by December 17th for my 3 day sleeper trip to LOTW

Ryan Aker

to late for Vermilion had 5 solid inches in my bay and we were one of the first to freeze big waters just froze over 2 days ago. Rain all morning now wet heavy snow been watching the ice flood all afternoon… BUMMER

Mike Stark
    Ely, MN

This is a snow total map from NOAA in Duluth. Ely didn’t get much snow. Only have about 3in in my driveway.

Attachments:
    1. snow-total-dec-1.png

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

True Mike, but it is very heavy snow. Mix that in with the temps forecasted for the next 10 days and we are looking at some ice that should be approached with much caution!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’m thinking the ice I’ve been on is trashed. We had 4″ of good ice but last night we got a lot of rain/sleet and heavy wet snow. Plus with highs in the high 30’s and low 40’s for the next week. I’m thinking the ice has to go bad.

Good thing it is almost Indoor Archery League season coming up. I’ll just have to start shooting instead of getting on the ice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.