Warning: this thread is about good people

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Talking to my mom tonight, she and her husband were out on the bike. North metro I assume. The bike broke down on a very busy highway. Several folks stopped to offer help. One really cool dude stopped with a trailer. He and my mother’s husband loaded the bike up and he drove them home to Hugo. When offered he wouldn’t accept any money. Thanks to a great guy who went above and beyond, to help Mary and Jeff get home as hassle free as possible! If it was an IDO guy, I’d love it if you’d “reveal” yourself so I can buy you a beer, or 2,3…. PM me if you have to!

I’m hoping others have some recent bright moments to share!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Now that’s cool. Hope you find him.

Sylvanboat

I like to think most regulars on this site would do the same thing.

McCloud

I like to think most regulars on this site would do the same thing.

Wasn’t me. but I am always in for a free brew or two

Snap

There are millions of acts of kindness out there every day. These good stories rarely make the news.

jwellsy

Great example of ‘Paying It Forward’.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Random acts of kindness have become rare. It’s good that we acknowledge them when they happen.

Well done, whoever it was that helped. applause applause

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

And here I was losing faith in humanity.

Attachments:
    1. 20200814_154730.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I was at the cabin this weekend and they got absolutely hammered by storms in the last week. Pretty much everyone has trees down, and there was a constant hum of chainsaws. Lots of neighbors helping neighbors, local tree company was out to take the big ones down almost immediately. My Dad just can’t do the work he used to, so it was great to see they had plenty of help right away and I was happy to help this weekend too. My back is a little sore today, and I’m listening to Toby Keith “Ain’t as good as I once was”…

Dan
    Southeast MN

Storms and their aftermath are a good example of when the good people come out.

Boat launches are another opportunity. I’ve told my story on here about launching a boat for the first time and getting a lot of mad looks, then one guy comes up and calmly provides a big assist, I’ll never forget that. I’ve also been on the wrong end of needing a tow on the water so whenever situations like these come up I’m more than willing to pay that forward and help others.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.