Warmest Winter Boot?

• 2aforlife

It’s time to try and find a new pair of winter boots to add to my choices. I’m diabetic and my feet get cold easier than most people’s feet. I have a couple pairs of Lacrosse Ice Kings that work well but are getting old.

Looking at Baffin Snow Monsters but also looking for suggestions on other boots. If you’ve ever had Lacrosse Ice Kings, I want that warm or warmer!

My feet get cold super easy and I spend a fair bit of time outdoors in the winter.

ScottSchreiber
    NULL

Ditto, bought a pair of sorel caribous and not impressed. Love the waterproof factor without a liner to fail but ready to invest. Gave up on the heated insoles as well.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

The Impact’s are what I use and I have broken my feet and ankles more times then anyone I know… doah Thus creating circulation issues but with the Impact’s I can stand on hard water in -20 all day with out issues ! Other then maybe if I do to much walking I can get warm lol but thats what sweat wicking socks are for!

catmando
    wis

White Air Force Bunny Boot, pretty popular boot in Alaska.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I have the Cabela’s Alaskan and work for my feet which are really bad but the boots are great for sitting stand.

Two buddies bought the Cabela’s Saskatchewan for ice fishing last year and in -20 they loved them. They seem bulky but they had no problems in them all day fishing and walking around. One guy did use deer hunting and he also has bad feet and loved the boots and said worth the money to be comfortable for the first time in years.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have Baffin Titans as well – they are about as warm as you can get but they aren’t easy to be mobile in.

I can’t wear them if it’s about 0 because they are too warm.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

White Air Force Bunny Boot, pretty popular boot in Alaska.

I like my Bunny Boots or Mickey Mouse boots. The best part about them is my feet sweet as I hike out to my location. Once I get set up I take the boots off, wipe them out and put on dry socks. Than my feet are good for the rest of the day. They do have some weight to them. It can help if you can keep your feet off the ice when fishing. An easy to do this is wear ice cleats what have like 3/8” spikes on them. Kahtoola MICROspikes are my favorite.

zooks

I have the Cabela’s Predator Extreme Pac Boots and love them. My feet get cold very easy and when shopping, I thought the idea of a liner + thinsulate layer would be best for me and it’s turned out great. Mine are 10+ years old and have heard of a few complaints about newer models but I’ll likely buy these again when the times comes.

Good luck with what you decide.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Baffin Eigers…they don’t go as high up your leg as the Impacts but are incredibly warm and very easy to get around in. Walked many miles across the snow and ice in them. Pair them with a pair of ice cleats for early season fishing and you can’t beat them.

Looking at Baffin Snow Monsters but also looking for suggestions on other boots. If you’ve ever had Lacrosse Ice Kings, I want that warm or warmer!

I’ve had a pair of snow monsters, going on my third season now. They are warm and light, but not 100% waterproof. For overly wet conditions, I reverted to a pair of Mucks again, Artic ice this time. Those are also pretty warm, but more importantly waterproof in standing water. The Baffin Titans I have are IMO too bulky for when I’m dealing with slush and standing water. For extremely cold and dry conditions, I like to wear the Yukon canvas style mukluk.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m a big Baffin Fan. On my 2nd pair and don’t think I would own any other Winter boot. Mine were both Apex – Not sure if they make that model any longer or not. They are a little on the bulky side but not bad for stand sitting or standing on the ice.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I am a diabetic as well and have been wearing my Steiger Cammucks for 6 seasons. Best boot for keeping my feet warm. Prior to the Cammucks I wore Lacrosse Icemans very heavy and feet would still get cold. The Cammuck allow better circulation which is what diabetics need.

Mwal

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Baffin Apex. Picked up a pair last year and never had cold feet – very mobile too.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Another vote for the Baffin Titans. Incredibly warm, waterproof, and I really like the ability to quickly slide them on in the wheelhouse to head outside.

tornadochaser

Buy electric insoles or electric socks. My wife won’t go ice fishing w/o hers.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Baffin Impacts hands down.

The best boot the price though is without a doubt bunny/mickey boots.

2aforlife

Thanks for all of the input. Doesn’t look like there are any Baffin dealers in MN according to their website, can anyone tell me differently? It would be nice to try them on first to get an idea of the weight, bulk, etc.

I’ve thought about the heated insoles or heated socks for a millisecond, but I’m looking for a solution that that doesn’t rely on Batteries etc. At some point it would be nice to have something like that if I want to be much more mobile in the cold and wear a lighter boot, but that’s not the need I’m trying to fill here.

Baffins are expensive but if cared for properly will last me many years.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Gander used to carry the impacts. Maybe sportsman’s warehouse does now. I believe REI has a decent selection as well. Otherwise try and find a retailer with a free return policy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

A few years ago when I was looking for the best boots I tried on all the high Buck boots and would have paid $1000000 for a warm pair.
    I ended up with Mickey mouse boots.
    And never looked back.

Carl

I got a pair of Baffin Apex for under 100$ . Do a Google search cause you won’t find them that Cheap in a store . They need to be 1.5 to 2 sizes bigger . My mucks only lasted 3 years .

cheers

please provide more info I cant find that deal and need to replace mine
    Thanks

Carl

Looked it up and it was shoe.com . Was March 1 deleverd 116.34$ a bit more than what
    I stated . And
    I don’t see them any were need that now . Spring is when you want to buy . I think I got 20 % off code on top of sale.

cheers

Thanks
    Cabbellas had them on for $99 but sold out. I think there was a model change or something and they got rid of non current stock . Now they are very pricey but still worth the price IMO.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

I remember seeing the baffin impacts at Joe’s sporting goods two winters ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.