Warm Temps and Ice Conditions around Prairie du Chien

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I havebeen getting messages on ice conditions around the Prairie Area and here is what I have been telling everyone…

Were having unseasonable warm temps here this week… last weekend a elderly gentelman fell thru in Gremore and was in the water for about 40 minutes before being rescued… Thankfully he he will survive !!!
    So before I tell you yes we do have safe ice or no we don’t… there are some safe areas and some that are not…. With the cold snap coming next week that should shore up a lot of sketchy ice and make conditions a lot safer !!!

Good Luck and Happy Holidays !!!

Please be safe out there !!!
    I know I have not ice fished yet this season and i’m very excited to get on the ice as most !!!
    Lots of new toys to play with and lots of new places to explore !!!

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

Agreed on the warm temps Dave… I live about an hour east of you and the warm temps pretty much ruined my chance for ice fishing around the area next week. I took the whole week off from work to do this… It looks like I will have to make plans to go farther north if I want to do any ice fishing next week… I also have a bunch of new toys that I can’t wait to get out on the ice but will unfortunately need to wait a little while longer.

Happy Holidays !

Stay Safe !!!

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

Stay safe guys! I’m hoping to be up that way soon but am in no rush before this cold snap hits.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.