Any info on wapo would be helpful

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hey guys,

As some of you might know I just bought a place on Wapogasset. I have only fished it once and did pretty good for crappies. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or help to get me started on the lake. I like to fish for Panfish, Walleyes, and Bass, once in a while an occasional northern….i guess those species pretty much take care of the whole lake. Well if anyone has some info that they would like to share let me know please. Thanks!!!

Chad

jryan
    Rochester, MN

I used to long line rapala’s at night around beartrap and Wapogasset except for the north end, six to eight feet of water in spring and early summer. Weedline during summer.
    Walleyes spawn on south side of the island on Wapogasset, ideal spot, good place to start on opener. Like I said before PLANER BOARDS are the ticket in the summer, the walleyes suspend big time. They show up great on the graph. Very heavily fish lake so close to cities so have to resort to night fishing and boards. The big thing to do is get a Q-Beam and go check it out at night and see what you got their for Walleyes etc. We saw a few Muskie’s also but never caught one. Nice lake for the lite at night. Have a goog trolling motor so you dont have to run big motor much. electric that is, will improve your luck considerably. Spent a lot of time their in early 90’s, may have changed a lot, fairly tough bite for daytime and fair at night.
    Just my opinion hope it help’s

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Hi Chad,
    I am new to this forum and live about 3 miles from Wapo. I fished it a bit last year but it was early in the year. The locals say the waaley are there ya just got to find em. We should hook up for an excursion to figure this lake out. Thanks for the input from the other guy. I need to give this lake a try at night. Oh I have also found a neat little place near by to fish for redtail chubs. They are darn expensive at the bait store, the walleyes love them and they are fun to catch and I can bucket 20-30 in a couple of hours.
    later hope to hear back from you.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Hey i am from the area too….we should hook up and go after them red tails…let me know you can email me at [email protected] hope to hear from you… ever fish the st.croix river for the walleyes?

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hey Bob,

Ijust bought I trailer up there on lake wapogasset. It is on lone pine lane…by luckies bar. Anyways…..I try to get up there every other weekend for sure…..and sometimes during the week because i have a weird work chedule. Anyways…we will have to hook up sometime and find some walleyes or nice panfish. PM me sometime or just write back on here. Later

Chad

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

I know that area all to well (accidentally sank my truck out there at luckies 2 yrs ago when launching my boat for the first time. July 3rd 2002, I remember it all to well. It was a freak accident but it cost me a pick up truck)

I live out here in Deronda on the south end of the lake not too far from the boat launch at garfield park.

drop me an email at [email protected] when your in town and we can get together sometime. I’ll bring the Redtails!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.