Wapo’s got it’s own forum!

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Cool beans guys! We all know this is a popular spot so lets get some reports going! I’ll head up this weekend sometime and lead it off!

red89
    Hudson

Planning on hitting wapo this weekend in search of walleye and bass, any suggestions.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Welcome to the site red89! Glad to have you onboard and hope you’ll enjoy your time here!

I’m not well versed on the eyes in Wapo but have done very well on the bucketmouths using plastic pitched at the docks and shoreline with timber or fresh weed growth nearby. The plastics can vary and yield equal results but my best days have been on yellow #4 Mepps Killer Combos, Mepps Aglia #5 w/ a nickel blade and squirrel tail dressing, and Gitzit Paddle Frys. There are MANY things that will work but I find immediate retrieves from the waters edge are effective and just a brief pausing (0-3 seconds) to let the lure settle if pitching docks.

Good luck out there and if the weather cooperates, maybe you’ll see me out there Sunday in an old tri-hull w/a 20hp Johnson! Stop back and let us know how you did!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.