2010 Everts Resort Freeze Your Butt Tourney!

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

2010 Everts Resort Freeze Your Butt Tourney

Here are the details for the annual “Freeze Your Butt” tournament to be held out of Everts Resort Saturday March 6th.

Cost: $30/two person team

Big fish pot: $5

Cash only – Please!

Same day registration at Everts Resort. Please arrive early!

PRE REGISTRATION – SEE BELOW

Freeze Your Butt Entry Form:

2010 Freeze Your Butt Entry Form – Click Here!

Tourney hours: 7am-2:30pm. Take off will be by boat number order. You will be assigned a number when you enter.

Weigh 5 fish, Can have a legal 2 man limit in boat.

Walleye and sauger count as legal fish. 15″ minimum on walleye and sauger.

All participants must abide by all Minnesota and Wisconsin boating laws.

Max 2 lines per angler. All other Minnesota and Wisconsin fishing laws apply.

Payback will be 80% to the top 15% of participants, or top 3 places. 100% payback on the Big Fish Pot!

Take off and weigh-in is at Everts Resort.

This is a fun annual event and is low key. You do not need to be an experienced tourney angler to register….heck, you don’t have to have ever fished a tournament to fish it! Just a fun way to start out the season and at a very affordable budget! Grab a friend and come on down and “Freeze Your Butt” on March 6th!

This tournament is a Skeeter Boats Cash Qualifyer!

Pre-Registration Rules.

Due to the increasing number of participants, we will no longer send boats off with a shotgun start. I think we can all agree it adds a level of unnecessary risk for an accident.

Both Dean and Myself recognize the importance of boat number order on take off. So, as we did last year, participants who want to lock in a position can do so. Here are the rules:

***Spot #1 is held open for 2009 winners – Team Jason Beaulieu/David Green.***

1. We will begin accepting entries starting on Wednesday, February 17th at 8am.

2. Entries can be mailed or dropped off at Evert’s Resort.

3. Entries received prior to Feb 17th will be counted on Wed, February 17th.

4. Entries should include the names of both participants and name one person as the captain.

5. The captain retains the spot if the team splits.

6. Captains may have a substitute partner.

7. Captains may relinquish their spot to their named partner only. You cannot re-sell your spot.

8. Pre-registration ends on Friday February 26th at 4pm.

Questions can be directed to me anytime. PM me here or call my cell at 651-343-9318.

Hope to see a big turnout again!

=========================================================

Here are the top 11 teams that that cashed in 2009. There were a heck of a lot of teams where one big fish would move you from out of the money to 2nd or 3rd place!

1. Jason Beaulieu/David Green 5 fish 21.10 $350

2. Terry Fischbach/Rick Swanson 5 fish 16.24 $230

3. Glenn Marshall/Mike Quimby 5 fish 12.08 $170

4. Bryan Paulson/Steve Hildebrandt 5 fish 12.02 $118

5. Brian Frion/Eric Lewis 4 fish 11.94 $83

6. Matt Schultz/Mitch Mitties 5 fish 11.68 $71

7.Garen Vickney/Kevin Weckop 5 fish 11.50 $60

8.Justin Chonis/Nick Chonis 5 fish 11.04 $47

9. Lee Nesbit/Mike Little 5 fish 10.66 $35

10. Dave Meyer/Larry Hanson 5 fish 10.12 $20

11. Frank Linn/Ryan Burgswald 5 fish 10.08 $20

Team Jason Beaulieu/David Green also take Big Fish pot with an 7.88 pounder. That was worth another $370!!! Congrats!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I know a guy from over 90 miles away that’s been crossing off the days on his calender for this!

There’s the snow melt…

There’s the first robin….

and then there’s the FREEZE YOUR BUTT!

Screw the ground hog! Summers coming!!

Mike Stephens
    WI.

You screw the ground hog, I’ll b fishin

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I am going to get the boat home tomorrow and start getting all my fishing gear put back in its rightful spot. I have now figured out that there are 3 fast ways to comunicate, Telegraph, Telephone, and Tell-Brian (BK). It was less than an hour ago that I informed him that I have had the days numbered since Dec 1st. For anybody wondering its only 32 days away.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i think i’m going to have to do this this year…

perch_44

got a partner lined up, and will have registration sent off next week!

What time do you recommend showing up to launch the boat?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

If its a nice day and a big turnout, you will want to be pulling into Everts around 6am or earlier. If its snowing with wind chills in the single digits, 6:30 should work well.

-J.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I should be there. This ice fishing thing is getting old. At least if I’m going to freeze my butt, I’d like it attached to a boat seat.

perch_44

can payment for preregistration be a check? so i don’t have to send cash in the mail.

or do we pay at sign-in?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

can payment for preregistration be a check? so i don’t have to send cash in the mail.

or do we pay at sign-in?

Just write on the application “I will pay at check-in”. See me the morning of the tourney in the bait shop. Bring cash please. We pay back all prize money in cash right after weigh in. Thanks!

-J.

haney
    Hawkeye, Iowa

hey guys, Jason B and I will be up for the Tourny. Where do you recommend we spend the night? Any ideas would be appreciated. Is there a get together after the tournament? Also, approximately how many boats were in the tournament last year? This is our 1st actual tournament and would like to have an idea what it will be like. Thanks guys, see you on the water!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You can try calling Everts at (715) 792-2333. But they are probably full.

Try the AmericInn right across the river:

AmericInn Hotel

We have been lucky with warm weather the last 2 years. There were 74 teams last year and 62 in 2008.

There is no official get together planned. But guys do hang around for the awards and trade stories.

I’ll be handing out a information page at check-in. Everything you need to know will be printed out for you to take with you.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there. This is a good event to start your tourney careers!

-J.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Haney,
    Not only is this tourney a good and laid back time, it is also filled with tons of talent. Very comfortable setting to dip your feet into the world of walleye competition well as great way to start out the season.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I went ahead and updated the info page that you will recieve at checking. Here is everything you need to know. If anyone has any questions, just ask!

============================================================

2010 Freeze Your Butt
    Tourney Info and Rules

– Cost is $30 per 2-person team and $5 big fish pot. ($35 total per team)

– Payout is 80% to the top 15% of participants or top 3. 100% payback on the Big Fish pot.

– Tourney hours: 7am-2:30pm. Take off will be by boat number order. You will be assigned a number when you enter. Weigh in is 2:30.

– You may weigh in early. I will have the scales ready at noon. If you weigh in early, you are done for the day and that weight is final.

– Stage for take off directly in front of the large dock. Please exercise extreme caution when taking off. I will start announcing boat numbers at 7am. DO NOT LEAVE before your boat number is announced.

– Weigh your best 5 fish, Can have a legal 2 man limit in boat. Walleye and Sauger count as legal fish. 15″ minimum on walleye and sauger.

– Fish should be kept alive and in “Releasable” condition for weigh in. We would like to see fish larger than 20 inches returned to the water. You may keep others for personal use. All fish will be returned to the teams after weigh in.

– Please have your boat number ready when you weigh in.

– You must identify your Big Fish at weigh in.

– Max 2 lines per angler. All other Minnesota and Wisconsin fishing laws apply.

– All participants must abide by all Minnesota and Wisconsin boating laws.

– Boundaries are all of pool 4 Dam to Dam – Track to Track.

– Take off and weigh-in is at Everts Resort.

– Take off will be by boat number order.

– Weigh in will be on the dock. If there is too much wind or waves, I may ask you to load your boat and weigh fish near the bait shop.

– This tournament is a Skeeter Boats Cash Qualifier.

– Please be a good sportsman and don’t crowd in on other competitors or other pool 4 fishermen. Observe all no wake areas – marked or un marked.

– Feel free to call Jon Jordan at 651-343-9318 or Everts Resort at 715-792-2333 if there are any questions or problems during the tourney.

haney
    Hawkeye, Iowa

Thanks for the info guys. That’s the best thing about this website. Everyone is surely willing to give some information to help a fellow fisherman out. The only tournament I’ve ever been a part of was a pro-am MWC out of Praire Du Chein, WI. It was a great time!! This I believe will be more laid back than that. Thanks again guys. See you on the water.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I’m thinking about it…….

dd

perch_44

Jon,

will you be announcing boat order on here for those that pre-registered? or will we have to wait until day of, to find out?

thanks!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Pre-registration ends on Friday February 26th at 4pm. I’ll post the pre-registered teams on Monday, March 1st.

All other teams will register the day of the tourney. All entry fees are due at check-in.

-J.

sodak
    Andover, MN

Question,
    If we are lucky enough to catch a HOG,
    are we aloud to weigh that fish early so we can let her go,
    but still fish the rest of the day and weigh in our remaining 4 fish?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Yes. Trophy fish may be weighed in early. My phone number will be on the rules sheet, so keep that handy. Give me a call once you know you are headed in. I’ll have the scale ready for you.

-J.

JawJacker

Can you only have 2 in your boat? or more as long as your honest!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Only 2 people in the boat!

-J.

perch_44

jon,

how much time in between boats at takeoff?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Not much! I get all the boats out as quickly and safely as possible.

-J.

mojogunter

Jon
    I will be fishing tomorrow at Everts. I know I missed the preregistration, but can I give my money and names tomorrow in the office? I am coming from quite a distance, and have to leave about 4am to get there and hopefully have enough time to launch before the start. If not hopefully there will be time before the start to get registered. Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Even if you did that, you would still need to check in on sat AM. Print off the entry form, fill it out. Check in will take less than one minute.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Make sure you tell us your online name. I don’t know if I’ll recognize you unless your running.

haney
    Hawkeye, Iowa

do we know a tentative number of boats total in the FYB yet? Curious……

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I expect there will be about 60 boats.

-J.

mr. sauger25

the 28th team of brian frion and john custer will be withdrawing do to motor problems sorry everyone best of luck

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.