Pool 2 walleye contest

• Moores Bait

After several phone conversations with Mike W. it is time once again to spend some quality time down on Pool 2. We will once again be putting on our Tuesday night walleye contest on May 19th this month. The hours of the contest will be from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, with the boundries being all of pool 2. Sign up and entry fee will be $10.00 per person, and can be done by stopping by the shop prior to the close of busineess on Monday the 18th, or you can contact me on the day of the contest at 612-965-5279. The 100% pay out will be given to the top two for the night. We hope to continue this thoughout the summer, so if you need to get out next Tuesday night this would be a good chance to fish with friends and have a good time. Be careful out there, have a good time, and see you out there….

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Sounds good. Thanks Bob

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

I wouldn’t mind doing this, i have never fished pool 2 for walleyes though. so…i’ve got a boat with open room…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

See you there.

sealegs
    MPLS

Bob, dont you know that Tuesday nights is softball night!
    Sealegs

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If today’s bite continues on until Tuesday it should be a great contest.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bob runs some great contests.

If I didn’t have a reputation to up hold, you can bet I would be there!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hear I thought you where just scared of fish with sharp teeth.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

He’s scared of fish with ANY teeth.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Should be some good fish caught this evening. Who is in?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Joe Busch and I are in, but I still gotta call Bob to get our names down. We’ll take care of that a little later today.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Awh Crap, I forgot to enter

Got out this afternoon and got a nice 28 3/4″, came a couple hours earlier than the contest started anyway

Pete

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That one could have been a contender!!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

That one could have been a contender!!

or the winner…
    the best i could get was a 24″er. think i got one of every size between 19 and 24 though.

Moores Bait

Who would have thought it was that warm out there yesterday, glad we brought water and sunscreen.

Pre-fishing we managed a 23″ walleye along with some smallies and a channel catfish. But once 5:00 came around and we moved on, it was tough just to bring in two walleyes the biggest a 19 1/2 incher, and a sheephead. We didn’t catch alot but (sorry BK) it was more fun than catching Bullheads……..This is the one my twin brother caught.

Still waiting to hear from a few others as to how they did, hope to be able to annouce a winner (not me for sure) by noon today…….

buschman
    Pool 2

Nice fish there Pete! I was hoping to find one of those myself yesterday but no luck there John 23 and I were sorta stuck tossing cranks all afternoon with that wind and caught a handfull of small eyes and a couple saugers early and three mid range eyes later on. biggest was just over 25.5. To be honest I believe we each caught the same fish. I caught it 1st and about an hour later we stopped back at the same spot and John caught what looked to be the exact same fish with the same social disease that was pretty identifiable

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Nice fish there Pete! I was hoping to find one of those myself yesterday but no luck there John 23 and I were sorta stuck tossing cranks all afternoon with that wind and caught a handfull of small eyes and a couple saugers early and three mid range eyes later on. biggest was just over 25.5. To be honest I believe we each caught the same fish. I caught it 1st and about an hour later we stopped back at the same spot and John caught what looked to be the exact same fish with the same social disease that was pretty identifiable

Thanks, Were you and John out in a lund tiller?

buschman
    Pool 2

Here is my best fish from yesterday. 25.5″ and caught his good side but this fish was beat up. I think I was looking at his little growths on his other side when John snapped that shot.

Moores Bait

I have seen all the pictures and still waiting for the last two to clear my in box. From what I have, Bob Johnston caught a 27 1/4″ one, and one of his boat partners caught a 27″ incher. So far Bob Jonhnston took first, Andy (aka Gump)took second, with Honorable mention to Buschman for his 25.5…….For others like myself who peaked too early before the contest, there is always next time. I hope that this summer isn’t one of heat records, so we can comfortably enjoy doing this again next month……I will upload the winning pictures when I get a chance. Thanks for particapating, hope you had a good time……….

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Here’s my 24.5″ just for fun.

Nice fish, Pete!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Any pics of the top 2 winning fish?

-J.

buschman
    Pool 2

Quote:

Any pics of the top 2 winning fish?

-J.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great contest Bob. Sounds like there was a pretty good turn out for this one. Fishing for us was pretty slow. Guess there is always next month.

buschman
    Pool 2

Quote:

Great contest Bob. Sounds like there was a pretty good turn out for this one.

So what your saying is that Mr Johnson should have pulled in plenty of $$$ for a new camera

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good point Joe. Bob sent the photos to my phone this afternoon. Ill try to get them to the web soon.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.