2009 LPO Official Results

Thanks to all the participants this year. The top weights were nothing less than unbelievable! We had a vote, and due to the forecasted inclement weather on Sunday, all the anglers decided on a 1 day tournament. So remember, the weights below are 1 day totals! We made a good call to only have a 1 day event also!

1st Tommy Dierks, DJ Siewert – 5 fish – 38.20 lbs

2nd Jason Beaulieu, David Green – 5 fish – 35.90 lbs

3rd Kent Anderson, Pat Brookshaw – 5 fish – 34.05 lbs

4th Eric Rehberg, Jon Arbs – 5 fish – 30.50 lbs

5th Brent & Blake Rothgarn – 5 fish – 20.10 lbs

6th Jim Siewert & Dave Anderson – 3 fish – 19.10 lbs

7th Wayne & JJ Webster – 4 fish – 18.35 lbs

8th Tony & Margie Kammeyer – 2 fish – 15.25 lbs

9th Paul Kennebeck & Troy Schneider – 1 fish – 9.25 lbs

10th Dean Marshal & Steve Vick – 2 fish – 7.25 lbs

Largest Walleye – Paul Kennebeck & Troy Schneider – 9.25lbs

We will be changing the format for the 2010 LPO Tournament. Same weekend, but only 1 day. The entry fee will also be reduced to around $200 per boat. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again to all the participants!

The Frontenac Sportsman’s Club

Tony K
    Barnes Wi

Thanks. It was our first lpo event and we enjoyed it and will be back next year. It is a very well run event would recomed to any one to fish it.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

I think dropping the entry to $200 will be appealing to people. That is a busy time of year for tourney’s and this is one of those years when a guy just can’t fish them all because of financial obligations. I am glad to see they are making the adjustment and I think you will have a better turnout getting more sportsman involved by supporting the club and just having a fun day on the water, and maybe cashing a decent check.

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Those are some nice weights. I know I might have come up to fish this one, but it conflicted with a local tournament down here that draws 400+ entrants each year. Move back one more weekend and I along with about 4 other boat or more might be up there!

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

How big was the tournament field? Just a thought. If on the same weekend as the SBFD big fish tournament, I would not be able to make it. But if not that weekend of the 23-25, I know I will be there with others in tow.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Jim,

I’ve said it before, why not launch from Lake City so those going south have just as long to fish as those going north.

Mike

brentr

Jimmy
    I think the lower entry will draw more teams but I really like the 2-day events gets me out of the house 1 more day and it gives the teams that are on the bottom of the list a chance to leave 1st the 2nd day. I like the format of leaving the 2nd day in the order you finished the 1st day, really throws a new twist into things. JUST my thoughts Ill fish it no matter what.

Brent Rothgarn

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for posting the results Jimmy. AND congrats on the VERY nice catches guys. Way to go.
    Thanks, Bill

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Jimmy
    I think the lower entry will draw more teams but I really like the 2-day events gets me out of the house 1 more day and it gives the teams that are on the bottom of the list a chance to leave 1st the 2nd day. I like the format of leaving the 2nd day in the order you finished the 1st day, really throws a new twist into things. JUST my thoughts Ill fish it no matter what.

Brent Rothgarn

second this

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and ideas for next year. Definitely looks as if lower entry’s are definitely the direction we need to go. Everything else is on the table and your recomendations will be taken into serious consideration. We are pretty much locked into the same weekend in April, from a permit standpoint. If we change weekends, we lose our “grandfathered in” status, and we could be subject to a draw to see whether we would even get a permit. Keep all your ideas and suggestions coming. This tournament is about the anglers, and we will do whatever we can to satisfy the majority of the anglers that participate in the LPO.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and keep them coming!

Jimmy Siewert on behalf of the Frontenac Sportsman’s Club.

PS: Personally, I would like to see the tournament stay 2 days also so as to give more opportunity for changes in the standings. However, I am DARN happy (due to the weather Sunday) of just having a 1 day tournament this year!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Those are some awesome weights. Was there only 10 boats or were those the top ten? Curious to know how many were in the field and amount of fish caught. if i had a vote i would vote for a 2 day but then again everyone has the same amount of hrs. to fish no matter many days

The weights listed are only the top 10. We were down in nuumbers this year (17 boats), so that is why we are being proactive and change the LPO format for next year. I see no reason why this tournament, the original Pool 4 tournament, can’t pull in 75 plus boats. The bite historically has been fantastic for this tournament.

Jimmy Siewert

PS: The payout to the top 4 teams were as follows. The tournament was a 90% payback:

1st – $2100
    2nd – $1100
    3rd – $850
    4th – $470

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Thanks for the info

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.