2007 Everts Resort Freeze Your Butt Tourney

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Richard I figured you would try to hit the wing damms in Wabasha. I have my shad raps all ready to roll as well

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I need another lesson on pulling boards Richard, maybe we could hook up for some pre-fishing

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Maybe Richard will demonstrate his special outhouse presentation too?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

How many guys are heading down there solo? I was hoping to hop into Tracking Bass’ boat but I doubt he’ll be there following this weather. If you’re solo, mind having a P4 novice jump aboard?

PS: I do, actually, know how to catch a few fish… That’s a 7.5′ sailfish in my avatar – sure, probably not too many of them in P4 but how different can it be?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Is the FYB still scheduled as planned?

Yes. Definitely, there will be a Freeze Your Butt Tourney this Saturday.

-J.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Ugh cold AND windy, I may bow out of this one, certainly a freeze your butt off type of day.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Come on Nick, freezing is part of the fun. I know we will be out there no matter what! I am really excited for this event, it is a lot of fun.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dean. Do you have any cabins open for this weekend.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Sorry Mike been booked for awhile…..but will find a bed for ya somewhere if ya get snowed in!

rickyfishes
    Southeastern MN

Sounds like the FYB is going to be the perfect name for this weekend’s tournament. Snow and and more snow is expected. Thank goodness it isn’t going to be windy Hopefully I don’t hurt my hook setting arms with all the shoveling coming up the next couple of days.

See all you anglers in a few days………..Richard

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ricky, don’t forget your cell phone in case there is an emergancy like last time. [couldn’t resist Bud ]
    Thanks, Bill

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

This would be alot of fun, but I’m going to be in Florida. Sweating my but off.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

have fun would rather be here

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Richard
    Hook Setting Arms more like NETTING arms when I am in the boat

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Looks like the forcasted 40mph winds are down to 15 I’m 90% we’ll be there at this point, I better leave the house now, I gotta go pick up my cover from the dealship.

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Heading out first thing in the morning to do a little prefishing hope to see a ton of boats there on Sat.
    should be a beutiful day.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

That will make two black pro-v’s on the water. Nate give me a call tomorrow I will be out and about down there as well.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Should be just as nice as the year you fished the FYB with your Dad, good luck Nate

Quote:

Heading out first thing in the morning to do a little prefishing hope to see a ton of boats there on Sat.
    should be a beutiful day.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I haven’t gotten any responses to my inquiry for an open seat… If I pull my boat out of storage, what recommendations can you guys give to a guy still somewhat new at the boating things, in terms of protecting the equipment from the effects of the cold. I have an 18 foot deep-v full console with a 140 hp 4-stroke Suzuki….

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I seen you other post, I’m sure there will be people willing to give you some pointers and help you out, downthere, I’ll be there (my boat is my avatar) a lot of people plug their livewells and use coolers for fish, you main concern is going to be making sure you get rid of any water in anything can can be damaged by freezing.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Hey Nick, thanks for the post and there was some great info on the other thread… I’ve decided to keep my boat in the garage – just not enough time tonight to get everything ready. I probably won’t be driving down tomorrow unless I hear from someone tonight that they have an open seat . I was really looking forward to the tourney – sounds like great fun!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

C’mon down anyway. There is a good chance that the baitshop will be hopping all day with 15 degree temps and 20 mph winds. Good way to meet people! Extremely cold people!

Joel

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and please lets be safe out there

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

We have 24 teams out on the water today!

Will get the results up as soon as we can.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is a quick tourney update. Top 3 teams and weights are:

1st Place > Glenn Marshall / Mike Quimby 20.36

2nd Place > Joel Ellingson / Martin Vreize 14.02

3rd Place > Rich Simmons / Chris Simmons 13.54

Big Fish > Marshall/Quimby 8.76

I’ll have all of the weights, payouts and pictures later tonight.

Thanks!

-J.

PatrickSean

was the tourney held? if so any updates?

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.