2005 Freeze Your Butt Tourney Details

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Here are the basics for the annual “Freeze Your Butt” tournament to be held out of Everts Resort Saturday March 5th.

Cost: $20/two person team

Big fish pot: $5

Register the day of the event at Everts Resort. Pre-Registration not available.

Tourney hours: 7am-3pm

Weigh 5 fish, Can have a legal 2 man limit in boat.
    Walleye and sauger count as legal fish. 15″ minimum on walleye……not sure if sauger under 15 can be weighed. Have to ask director day of tourney….

Take off and weigh-in is at Everts Resort.

Other details can be asked here, however this is a fun annual event and is low key. You do not need to be an experienced tourney angler to register….heck, you don’t have to have ever fished a tournament to fish it! Very low key. Just a fun way to start out the season and at a very affordable budget! Grab a friend and come on down March 5th!

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

It can,t be any colder than last years IDA opener my live well even froze

Dean Marshall

I’ve seen 72 degrees during the tourney in 2001……and i’ve seen -40 windchill (two?) years ago. Ya never know!

Dean Marshall

TTT. Bill, you’re at it again! Just kiddin bud!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Steve, I was searching for some more info on a couple others to post and then I would of bumped it back up. The others don’t have their 2005 schedules out yet and didn’t want to bury your post in the middle either. I talked to Bruce Selle at the Sports Show and told him to give you a call which it looks like he must of.
    Thanks for the post Bud. Didn’t mean to get you all excited. Hows that new boat? Here James was out introducing it to fish today. Thanks, Bill

Dean Marshall

Thanks for thumbnailing that Bill! Appreciate it. I was just giving you grief…….for doing such a good job of keeping people informed of the goings on in the tournament world.

No, I didn’t let James break the new boat into river world today. I have to catch the first fish out of it….so I didn’t let him come!! Actually, it hasn’t seen water yet. Soon…very soon!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Actually Steve, either James or Dave thumb tacked it up there. They haven’t taught me that one yet. I tried to but didn’t know how. New boat and no water use yet huh. With the nice temps you better try it out.
    Thanks, Bill

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Who plans on fishing this event? Myself and Lntony2 are planning on fishing it. We are considering getting there on Friday and renting a cabin from Steve ans staying until Sunday. If there were a couple more guys interested we could all go in on a bigger cabin and split the costs making it a cheaper weekend and getting 2 full days of fishing in on the great pool 4 . If interested let me know and we can work something out.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Steve,,,,we took the tacks away from Bill

He is dangerous

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

[you should feel honored Bud as thats only the 2nd time I have used that graemlin]

Thanks, Bill

ps. words of wisdom-check your chair before sitting down.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

No tacks so TTT.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Gutpile and I will be there. Just so it’s know where does the money go? Not that a $20 fee will kill me just wonder who the money will help. Is it the resort? Do we need to pay ramp fees or is that where the $20 comes from?
    We will see you there.

Dean Marshall

85% of the entry fees will be paid back to the top “x%” of the field. Depends on number of entries. I do not run the tournament, just held out of the resort here, so I don’t have the exact details of how many places he pays back. 15% goes to the guy running the tourney for his time putting the tourney on. There still is a $7 ramp fee like usual. That is the benefit for the resort….the launch fees. No part of the entry fee is for the resort. Just a fun cheap tournament. Pretty low key.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Looks like eyeshaveit3 and I will be making the trip down! This should be a great time!

redneck
    Rosemount

The boy and I will be making our donation too.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Hopefully us rookies and out of towners don’t get schooled too bad by the locals Either way, it should be a good time Another week and I get to fish pool 4 again

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

85% of the entry fees will be paid back to the top “x%” of the field. Depends on number of entries. I do not run the tournament, just held out of the resort here, so I don’t have the exact details of how many places he pays back. 15% goes to the guy running the tourney for his time putting the tourney on. There still is a $7 ramp fee like usual. That is the benefit for the resort….the launch fees. No part of the entry fee is for the resort. Just a fun cheap tournament. Pretty low key.

Thanks for sharing all the info. See you there.

buzz4469
    Plainview, MN

Do you just register when you arrive? Is there any set time you have to be there by or can we just show up in the morning and start fishing? Any rules meeting?

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Buzz, if you carefully read Steve’s original post I think you’ll find the answer to your questions. I’d plan to arrive early to help alleviate a last minute rush. Good luck in the tournament and welcome to this site. Kurt

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

It would be best to get there early as you need to have your boat in the water, entry fee paid[ print out a entry form and fill it out ahead of time if you can] and pay the entry fee. Take off time is 7:00 am.
    Thanks, Bill

Dean Marshall

All you need to do to sign up is find Bruce Selle at the resort here in the morning. He will be on his truck tailgate by the office area signing you up. He usually shows up at the resort around 6 or so.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Where can we get a hold of the entry form?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sorry for the confussion here as I was thinking of the IDA Tournaments when I said that. Just pay Bruce Selle as Steve Vick said. Steve Vick will be in the Bait Shop area and can point him out too. Fun tournament and you will enjoy. This tournament is the ”kick off” of the river tournaments as its the first one every year and is a fun low key tournament. Sorry for the confussion.

Thanks, Bill

ps. For anyone wanting to fish the In-Depthangling Tournaments you can find an entry form at the top thread of topics on the tournament forum. The first tournament in that circuit will be March 12th.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just a reminder: The tournament is THIS Saturday March 5th.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Where can we get a hold of the entry form?

No entry form as mentioned above. Bruce will give you a boat number when you pay. Make sure to bring your boat number to weigh in so he can record your weight.

Also, a few years ago we got there an hour late an still got in the tourney. Like Bill said, it’s low key and fun.

Looking like 35 degrees Saturday. Should be a good turn out!

-J.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We are going to fish it. Should be a lot of fun!
    JJ, will you be wearing the watch?
    Tuck

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Todd and I will be there as well
    and will be on the river in the morning hopefully it will be warmer that Sunday and Monday Today had to take a break and Re Tie everything.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Nate,

If you’re pre-fishing that much for this tourney, I’m following your boat! We’ll see you down there.

Bri

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Nate! Just out of curiosity, what kind of boat ya floaten! Just Wondering…..
    Fish On!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Since myself and Lntony2 are newbies to that part of the river, can we have a handicap? We should only need a 15# handicap

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.