Pool 2 Pot Luck Get Together this Weekend.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The other half of the Pool 2 fishing contest this Saturday is the pot luck gathering afterwards. The last two years this has been a great hit. Lots of great food and plenty of time to chat with the other river rats. As we did the last few years this post is for you to list what you are bringing so we dont all show up with the same stuff. For those that dont care for cooking there is always a few additional items that are needed to. There is a rustic grill at the park that we use. A second grill is always welcomed. A bag of charcoal for each. There is a picnic table to us but a additional card table is nice. Plates, silverware, paper towels, ect.

As always if you are fishing the contest or not you are welcome to join us for a day of fishing and the get together afterwards. The guys come in from fishing about 2pm and the food starts shortly afterwards.

We are going to shoot for announcing the contest winners about 230 on Saturday. Along with that we will have some drawings for additional prizes that include a gift cert. for $125 fishing pole from Skeeter Boat Center, Gift certs. from Matts Bait and tackle, Hoodies and tackle packages from BfishN tackle. I would also like to thank Team Catfish that donated some prizes for our biggest catfish this year.

Please list what you can bring for the get together below.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im in again this year with a pan of venison sausages, couple of jars of fresh Bean pickles, couple of big trash bags, Paper towels and what ever left over forks and plates from last year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

couple of jars of fresh Bean pickles

Man, my thoughts will be there along with some stink bait…I’ll be on the water from 9 am Friday to 1 am Saturday morning.

Us OF’s just can’t recover fast enough anymore.

PS Keep Dean away from the Pickled Beans, if you know what’s good for you. Just sayin.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

I will plan on bringing some brats for the grill…Always fun to chat with other P2’s as well

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

I’ll pick up the couple bags of charcoal for the grills and lighter fluid.

I’ll also bring some chips and homemade salsa along with some venison sticks (appetizers).

looking forward to it.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Mike, sorry I haven’t got back to you on the PM I had sent. I will contribute / donate (2) $50 gift certificates from Joe’s Sporting Goods. You can do what you like with them but I would like to see them go to kids. Maybe either draw names from a hat or to biggest fish or????????????????

I would like them to go to kids if possible. Please PM a address and I’ll get them in the mail tomorrow. (gives me a good excuse to go to Joe’s )

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks Brian and A+ Sales. Ill Pm you the address.

Brian Hoffies

They are in the mail headed your way!

Have a great event and I hope a bunch of kids show up.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Quote:

PS Keep Dean away from the Pickled Beans, if you know what’s good for you. Just sayin.

Did somebody say Pickled Beans ?????

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Brian (Hoffies), I don’t care what I say about you, you’re all right!

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Brian (Hoffies), I don’t care what I say about you, you’re all right!

not necessarily a common opinion.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s times like this that make all those empty bottles of Advil worth while.

Brian Hoffies

Wash that Advil down with some Windsor………..everything looks rosier then.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Just saw the weather report. You guys have fun. Maybe I’ll stop by at the end and you guys in.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have been looking at that weather report 2 to 3 times a day for the last week. The last two years the weather has been fantastic. Sooner or later we where going to get a not so nice day. Still optimistic for Saturday. This mornings forecast was calling for lite lingering rains. If its raining to much after the contest there is a good chance we will move the after activities to one of the local marinas.

Joel pointed out to me that the park grill we had been using the last few years is gone. Anyone got a charcoal grill they can bring? Its worked out good to have two going.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You guys did a great job at the pot luck again this year. Think we had three grills going and plenty of other food. Would like to ask who made the Sneaky Salsa? The containers where left on the table so I grabbed them to take home. Nice sweet taste at first until the heat kicks in. fantastic stuff.

Ended up with the Maple sausage stick to. Also very good stuff. My kids like most didnt want to try them at first. The bag was gone shortly after they did.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.