Bad attitude seen today for MTT at Mille Lacs

• paul follmer
    any where there biting

I was up on the big pond today pre fishing for upcomming tourney’s. And I spotted a gentlemen throwing 20″ plus walleyes over his head and swearing to boot. Because he could not keep them. Now being a tournament fisherman and a member of this web site we do not need any more bad pub. This moron really ticked me off and it was apperent that he was a tourney boat because he had a orange ribbon tied to his bow. And he made several remarks about the tourney itself. My biggest regret was not telling him he was being watched. And recording the license number of the boat. I hope he reads this post. Lets all let the MTT know our feelings towards this idiot. And his true unsportsman like conduct.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I saw the same thing two summers ago on the Pond during the Red Door tourney. I can clearly remember a guy heaving a 27.75″ eye about 5 feet in the air, smack on the water. It floated for a while, as I was trying to pull myself over to it to help revive it, as I got to the fish, she caught her wind. I’m sure that fish died later. At the time, I didn’t even think to get the guy’s boat number. That won’t happen again!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That is a bunch of BS. I think it is important to confront people who do stuff like that. Let them know that it is not acceptable behavior. A quick call to the authorities is also in order I believe.

Gator Hunter

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

I fished this tournament and I know the people with the MTT would not put up with this if they knew about it. Please get their registration number next time, or at least a discription of the boat. I have fished several events with the MTT this year, and they really do run a first-class operation. They always stress the well being of the fish and keep the scales open all day to weigh fish and release them quickly. If this is true, the person(s) responsible need to be reported immediatly to the tournament director or another tournament offical/fisherman. I say get a ROPE!!

paul follmer
    any where there biting

I did get a Personal Message from the MTT today and gave them description of the boat and fisherman and the location they were fishing. There were other MTT members there as well and I hope they step up, I ‘m sure somebody knows these two gentleman. It was an older and younger man possibly a father son team any info please report to MTT staff.
    THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO HAS SENT THERE SUPPORT WE TOGETHER MUST PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF TOURNAMENT FISHING.

PaulMyrdahl

Any more info on this incident? I really hope they figuire out who this is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.