Pool 2 Tournament OCT 1st Info.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pool 2, Fall Hog Haul

Come join us for the Fall Hog Haul at Lions Levee park on Oct 1st. This will be a fun and friendly catch, photo and release contest, followed with a pot luck cook out on the island at Lions levee.

Fishing Contest info and rules:

Take off and Finish: Lion’s Levee landing, St Paul Park, MN. Pool 2, Mississippi River.

Date: Oct, 1st 2011

Contest Time: 8am to 2pm.

Entry fee: $10 per person with an Optional $5 per person for big fish pot.

Boats: Contest is limited to 25 boats.

Teams: In trying to make this a fun, social contest we decided to allow both 2 person and 3 person teams.

Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members, pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements.
    A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island.

Launch time is at 8am. Launch will be a shot gun start. Stage boats at the river side of the island. At 8am proceed to the main channel and take off. Please use extreme caution during this. Larger boats watch out for smaller boats. Smaller boats please heed way to larger boats taking off.

Fishing time ends at 2pm. All boats will need to be back to Lions levee and boat sheets turned in by 215pm. Fish caught after 2pm will not count and are not to be record on the boat sheet.

All size walleyes, saugers or saugeyes count as legal fish for the contest. There is no size limit for this contest.
    All fish must be caught by legal MN fishing methods. Only one line per person. Illegally caught or kept fish will be disqualified.

MEASUREMENT and RECORDING of LENGTHS
    All fish that are entered in the contest will need to have a length measurement and photo verification of the fish using the following procedures:

Fish measurement and recording. Fish measurements are to be taken with the nose of fish touching 0 end of measuring board. The fish tail will need to be pinched and center on the other end of the measuring board. Take measurement to the nearest 1/4 inch. Record this measurement on the boat sheet.

Photo record. The fish needs to be on the fish ruler with head touching 0 side and pinched tail touching the center of the ruler visible on the other side. Both ends of the fish and control item need to be visible in photo. Photos of winning teams fish will need to be presented to judges by 2:30 on Saturday.

Each team will need to provide their own camera and fish ruler for the event. Measuring boards with an end are preferred for measuring. If using a tape measure make sure the fish is photographed on top of the measuring tape. Plastic measuring tapes if used will need to be checked for accuracy before start of contest. Please make sure cameras are fully charged and in good working order before contest.

At the end of the contest each team will need to total up their 5 longest fish and add this measurement to the team total space at the bottom of boat sheet. Present boat sheets to judges by 215pm at Lion Levee. We will be located on the island at the park across from the landing. We will display teams names and totals on a board at the park. The top teams will need to present their photos to the judges at this time for verafication. Once verified winners will be awarded. You must have photos to win. The big fish pot will be awarded at this time too.

Any disputes will be handled by the judges. Ties or disputes on measurements will be decided by toss of coin if needed.

PAYOUT:
    Top three places will be paid as follows.
    1st place… 50%
    2nd place… 30%
    3rd place… 20% of entry fees collected.
    Big fish winner gets 100% of big fish entry fees.

Please practice good sportsmanship and safe boating practices. Wearing of lifejackets is encouraged at all times and is required while on plane.

Judges will be Michael Westman 763-755-6886 or Joel Ellingson 651-212-0150. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or problems during the contest.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

As you decide if you are fishing the contest could you reply to this post. It will help with giving us a rough idea of how many people to expect. Thank you.

This would also be a good place to post if you are looking for someone to fish with.

gary_r
    MN

Count me in in my boat Mike I’ll be with my soon Derek (Aidens Dad). Gary Richard

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Count me in Mike, looking forward to fishing with Mudshark!

Welcome to IDO Gary!

Rootski

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Jon Jordan and James Ross (Deertracker)

-J.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Dad and I will be there

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Jason P sent me a PM letting me know he is in to.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I may be up for that. Sounds like a great time

buschman
    Pool 2

I havnt fished P2 for almost a month now!!!! Longest streach I have ever had in the summer for the last 6 years. This sounds like a great idea Mike! I will be there and betting John 23 will be in! I will have to get my rear end back down there!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I’ll be there Rootski
    Looking forward to it! :grin :

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Jason P sent me a PM letting me know he is in to.

Yessir….I’ll be fishing with a work buddy…Ken Amundson.

Thanks for taking the initiative to set this up guys.

jp

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Myself and gonefishin will be fishing together. I’m looking forward to meeting some fellow p2’ers.

Mike, I think that I saw you out there this morning but it looked like you might have been with clients so I didn’t want to interrupt. My wife and I only managed a few, how did you end up doing?

Drew

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We where out this morning north of 494 for a while. Little slow today. Caught most of our fish trolling crankbaits. Think we had between 8 to 10 walleyes/saugers this morning mixed in with a few other fish. A few of our fish looked to be putting some weight on. Even one of our bigger saugers was starting to get a belly.

backlasher
    Fridley, Mn

Alumanator and I are planning on being there.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Cool. Looks like we have a pretty good group going so far. Have talked to a few others that cant make the contest but still plan on showing up for some fishing or food.

Just under 2 weeks away now. Joel and I will get a post up this weekend for the pot luck after the contest so we dont all show up with hot dogs to grill.

buschman
    Pool 2

I finally got back out there the other day! Fishing was so so…. Nothing in specific going good. caught fish on crawlers, ringworms and crank baits? 1-2 fish off each spot and could not catch a thing over 25 inches but a flathead. Them cookie cutter size eyes (20-22’s) sure were spunky though and agree that they are looking heavier already. This phase of steady weather should really help out that bite. The water was 64 degrees and a just a couple weeks ago it was 78 degrees.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

SHould be a fun contest with the bite that is going right now. Many of those mid sized spots are ones that get passed over loooking for bigger fish. Might just be a slug fest to see who can get the best of these mid sized fish out of pool 2.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Looks like we’ll have a run of good weather leading up to Saturday…long runs of stable weather usually help with the bite.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like we are about 10 to 15 teams into the the contest. Thats a pretty good turn out for this little contest so far and Im sure we will have a few more that get in this week. Bob Moores Tuesday night contest use to usually run about ten boats and they where always a fun time.

Joel and I wont be fishing this contest since we are putting it on. We do plan to spend some time out on the water during the day seeing how you guys are doing and maybe even trying for a fish or 2 ourselves. It will be fun to see everyone out fishing.

deertracker

Any info on what we should bring for food yet?
    DT

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There is a post going in the Mississippi general forum about the food for the get together afterwords. Starting to get a pretty good menu put together there.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Does one have to in the tournament to be in the big fish pot? Honestly the answer doesn’t really matter to me, but I’d go for that, probably not the tournament. Hours registration?

At this point a don’t foresee being able to fish the whole tournament, looks like I’ll have a wife and kids in the boat too.

As of now I plan on showing up whenever fishing/boating and staying for a potluck. a wife and kids in the boat too.

As of now I plan on showing up whenever fishing/boating and staying for a potluck.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

At this point Im going to say yes you need to be in the tournament to enter the big fish pot. If there is enough interest maybe next year we will look at changing this around.

We are going to hold starting time to 8pm to with registration before that. If we didnt do this Joel and I would have to hang out at the park all day to see if anyone else showed up.

IF you did get in Nick you would have a unfair advantage fishing with the kids and wife. We all know when they are along they always see to out fish us.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I figured as much, just thought id ask a question to clarify.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members, pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements.
    A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island.

Launch time is at 8am.

We will have a table set up on the island right across for the launch to get registered Saturday morning.

Moores Bait

Mike W., Sorry I can’t make it to the big show tomorrow, hope all the people who are fishing it the best of luck out there. Hope to see a lot of good pictures and stories by the end of the weekend. Also to all that are, please be careful out there…….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks Bob. Im sure a lot of guys would of been happy to see you. Hope all is going well with you.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Any last minute stuff I can pick up for tomorrow’s feast? Let me know.

Eric

liar
    Lakeville

I’ll be down there with a buddy tomorrow morning about 7. I’ll bring something for the pot luck as well. Not sure what but I’ll think of something. Looking forward to meeting some ido’ers.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.