Pool 14 charity walleye tourney October 1st

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Anyone interested in fishing the 2nd annual Pool 14 charity walleye tourney drop me a P.M. I will e-mail you an entry form. This is a catch, photo , and release tourney, that means all those big slot fish that inhabit pool 14 count! The entry fee is only $80.00. I hope to see you all in Albany, IL on October 1st.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Thanks for posting this.

The tournament is to benefit the Miss. River Eco-Center at Rock Creek, which is a river side educational center for students, teachers, and the general public. With money in short supply, they can really use a hand so I strongly invite everyone to come out and participate. Walleye in the 6-9 lb range are the norm this time of year. It’s a catch, photo & release tournament, so all of these fish will count in the total weights.

We’re got a St. Croix rod for the largest walleye provided by R&R Sports in Clinton as well as many give aways provided by Cabela’s. Not to mention the 1st through 3rd trophies provided by Exelon and prize money from the entry fees.

As far as a hatchery update, we stocked in the past two years over 385,000 and 351,000 2″ or larger walleye in Pools 12-14 and the Rock River, with nearly a half million of those going into Pool 14 alone. Walleye fishing should be exceptional for the next 5 years or so in the greater QC area.

Look forward to seeing you out there. You can PM me as well for an entry form.

Jeremiah

Jane Jones
    Quad Cities

We’ll be there!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Just wondering how the turn out was for this event? Sadly, I was not able to attend or compete due to illness in the family. Is the fishing on 14 picking up? Been a long while since I’ve been on the water…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.