3 way question

• Crickschop04

I’ve just recently started fishing the river for eyes, and have read a lot about trolling 3-ways upstream on the seams. I know a lot of guys will use like F5s or F7s as their baits, but I was wondering if anyone ever used a soft bait or swim bait en lieu of a rapala. It seems like something with a paddle tail might give off some vibration and draw fish. A guy might be able to use a little less weight, have a wider range of colors/profiles, etc…

Maybe even something like a Moxi on a lightly weighted swimbait hook?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Yep, just use a longer shank aberdeen style hook for the plastic of choice.

i was wondering if any of the “river Rats” use this hook and plastic or bait on the top side of a Dubuque rig or miller rig? I usually use a lighter jig but why not just a hook and plastic?

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

The 3-way rig,Wolf river rig, Dubuque rig… is quite versatile. Just use enough weight to get your offering to or near the bottom which can vary by forward speed,depth or water flow. What you apply on the business end is totally up to you! Possibilities are endless. A little outside the box thinking can reap self rewards. Good luck

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We sure do…the clip works great as a baitkeeper for plastics or nitecrawlers.

stratos_375
    Southern Wisconsin

Dean,
    Thanks for the picture, I was going to ask how you guys rigged them but the picture answered all my questions.
    Geoff

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Dean or rest of Everts crew,

how long is the Dropper on the those pre-made 3 – way rigs (river rat randy rigs). Could a guy use those for dubuque rigs?

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.