Lynxville bite.

• Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

It was great to get on the water again.After a blow out on the trailer and getting a spare we finally arrived at the Falling Rock.I brought my wife and kids for a afternoon of fishing.There were lots of boats and alot of smaller fish being caught.We decided to stay down river from the pack of boats.I found a shelf that had 22 ft of water and surrounded bt 30 to 35 ft of water.We kept missing fish and I kept baiting their jigs with fat heads.I told my son to start snap jigging and thats all it took.They didnt let go after that.We did not get out till 1:30 and pulled out at 5:00.We ended up with 2 walleyes 17 and 18 inches and 7 saugers 15 to 22 inches.I was very happy with the bite.Water temp was 32.9 and we used small jigs tipped with minnows and ring worms that we bit off shorter.Cant wait till I get on the water again.No need to go to pool 4.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey thanks for the report. Can’t wait to get over there and hit the Lynxville area. You’re right no need to hit pool 4.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

No need to go to pool 4.

Boy, lots of truth in that statement. With the strong spawning success enjoyed up and down the river in 2000 & 2001, there should be tons of respectable walleye available on just about any area fished.

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Are the fish cooperating very far below the dam? I would rather avoid the boat traffic, how are the sand flats down river?

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Hey Schotzy, after reading your post I asked in my post what snap jigging was all about… What is your version of snap jigging – if you care to share that info…
    Tight lines…

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Hey Schotzy

Stop in we just got the new order of K tails and rings in.Some goooooooooooood colors And as for the bite down river I did get a few pulling cranks.

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

SNAP JIGGING!
    Its just like you are using a blade bait.This sparks some of the inactive fish to just hammer it instead of just lipping it.Its worth a try when the bite is soft.Its better to use a ring worm or a K-tail when doing this.The rings give it a vibration that the fish can associate with.Make sure you retie now and then this will weeken you line right above the knot after doing it a while.Hpe this helps.James I was just pointing out the fact that there are fish in every pool if one would venture out and try some new things.I will be up bugging you and Dustin one of these days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.