new to FTR

• john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

New to board, been reading quite often, hoping to use some of the information I have been viewing, very informative.

did fish pool 8 today below Dresbach caught one eye 17 inches, jig and minnow. only a few other boaters out. hoping to see ya on the water John

Anonymous

Holy Smokes someone who also fishes pool 8! I just fell off my chair! Welcome! John, which side were you fishing and how deep. How often each year do you fish on pool 8? It would be nice to know what youre drivin too so I can say hello when I see you.

Thanks for stopping in!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Hey Hougie, speaking of pool 8…..what was the overall general impression among the fisherman about the drawdown the dnr and corps did last summer? Were the comments generally positive. I know I went down there one day to look at the new vegetation while I worked in Lake City and the fisheries personnel seemed impressed with the variety of plants that had come up in areas that have been flooded since the creation of the dams. I was just curious if you have noticed any effects yet or is it too soon to tell. Have the panfish become acclimated to the new vegetation and are they using more areas? Maybe too early to tell or maybe there wasn’t enough ice this year to get to some of the spots that may be good in the future. Anyway…..what are you hearing from the fisherman/women? Thanks.

Anonymous

Im not sure what the general fishing public’s perception is. So far its been thumbs up from the local agencies here. I believe they will do it again this summer because the results have been very good in terms of new plant growth and the birds and fish are going to be loving that in the near future. Its kind of hard being patient with it but Im putting faith into the fact that its going to pay off nicely in a year or so. Panfish numbers have always been very good in this area and that should get even better. The ice fishing is always very good here for panfish and I think its because we have so much access to backwater spots. Im all for the draw down if it helps the fishing in the long term.

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

Hougie thanks for the welcome

was fishing wi side just north of I-90 bridge in 15 ft

afraid I may look like a number of other fisherman, 16ft flat with 25 mariner, but I will keep a look-out for you

I love to fish the wingdams below the Mississippi bridge and down, most of my fishing starts middle of May. Not out every week, but like to go as often as possible

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thanks for the reply Hougie!

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

Steve , the way I understand the draw down and vegitation that sprang up, the DNR wants to do it 2 years in a row so that what did come to life will have a chance to really root and therefore really make a difference.Except for a few motor mishaps in low water, I read nothing but good remarks from fisherpeople and hunters……SWANY

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

Woops ….Sorry …John R…Welcome to the best darn fishing site on the Web!!!!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Everytime I get on the message board I see that there is a new registered member. I’d like to say ”Welcome” to everyone new! This is a great site where everyone shares with everyone. Fisherman helping Fisherman! Tell your fishin buddies and join right in. Alot of good free info.

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Welcome John,

I am new myself. This is the greatest site on the web. So much usefull informationa dn great poeple on this site too. Check out the classifieds. I got a great deal on two poles and met a fisherman from my home town to boot. Can’t wait to get out on the river and run into some of the other guys online here. Again welcome you will no doubt have this as your home page soon.

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

Swany thanks for the welcome, also Bill and Red Rock Eyes . I hope to check the site often, gaining some great info already. Maybe we will see each other on the water sometime

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

thanks all for the welcome, I am looking forward to try using some of the info from all the fisherman on this site. Will be fun to try new things and see what will work for me. Maybe with some luck we will see each other on the water sometime, until then good fishing John

walleyetracker
    Des moines,Iowa

just a quick note to say hello to all you finnally made it to the site with help from a buddy of mine=eyes-won=

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.