Ice reports

• NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Hey Blue Fleck what’s shaking at Dresbach dam?? Len @ Falling Rock – how’s the ice at the dam? Just wondering the conditions with all this snow… Thanks

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

After the Onalaska Tourney..Watson and I headed up to Dresbach and in 1 hour 45 minutes we both had limits of sauger . 4 REALLY NICE ones…and 1 15″ Walleye. I don’t know how it was during the day, but we slaughtered them while we were there .

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

When we first got there, Slop took me to school on catching fish . But toward the end I figured out how to catch my own . Just like eating lettuce, nothing to it . The tourney was a dud as far as catching fish, but the dam payed off.

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Sounds like you boys were in the right place at the right time… If you don’t mind me asking – what lures and techniques worked for you? Did the fish bite agressively? One of these days I’ll be up to try my luck – probably an afternoon next week…
    Tight lines

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I was jigging two lines. On one I had a small Firetiger Jiggin Rapala and the other I had a small Black/Silver Jiggin Rapala. Find bottom and jig anywere from bottom to 2 feet up…then back down…..The bigger one’s seemed to hit more aggressively, but that could be just cause they’re bigger than some of those toothpick saugers that hit…If you know what i mean Good Luck when you go….maybe we’ll see you out there

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Sounds like the lures and techniques work the same for you as well as for me…. What about the ice conditions… Thanks
    Tight lines…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Noel, I was at Lynxville dam yesterday and the ice is safe below the long wall but you SHOULD NOT venture out to the middle…A fella put his foot thru up to his knee…Get in touch with Len and see how the ice is before venturing out…

CreekKid
    SE MN

Fished with Blue Fleck Sunday afternoon/evening. Probably 8″ ice. Sounds like the bite was Friday & Saturday. Of course that’s how it goes when you show up on Sunday. LOL. 4 poles and 4 hours = one small walleye and one 12″ sauger.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Just got back from Dresbach and the bite was slow to non-existant. I did see a few small ones pulled up. Also talked to a guy that was headed out to the middle part of the channel. He said a lot of fish were caught, but most were foul hooked. I couldn’t fish this evening so I am sure the bite will pick up while I am sitting at home . Oh well, I will try again tommorrow afternoon and then maybe all day the rest of the week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.