pool 9 genoa……spring or fall??

• tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Hi all, I manage to go to Genoa once a year in the fall to fish off the bardge for a weekend, I’m just wondering if the spring would be better. My better half will let me outta her sight for that amount of time once a year and I’d like to make the most of it Alot of our family members go together and we all know what happens in Genoa stays in Genoa…..always a good time Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Spring can be very good but also with the water level changing all the time the bite can be very inconsistant…I would stick to the fall…how has your luck been in the fall ?

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

We almost always get a good limit, but nothing over 21″, which is fine with me…better flavor. But it would be nice to get a biggie I’m goimg to keep a better eye on the water temps there and plan my next fall trip accordingly. I have added thir web site to my favorites they update weekly. http://www.clementsfishing.com Very nice folks running it, and I just love the killer jigs they make there. I dont see too many people using them here, (pool 15), but I’ve had real good luck with them in the tailwaters.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Probably had the pleasure of meeting you on the Barge. Although the Late Sept-Oct fishing can be good, nothing matches 1-4th weeks of April.

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Well that settles it, I’m just gonna have to make two trips each year! I’ll be sure to post when I go up next time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.