miss river fishing report and pics

• drew-evans
    rochester MN

me and three buddies hit the water today around 1 and started throwing everything we had at em… paddle tails, ring worms, jig and meat, hair jig and meat, sonars…… well we ended up catching some nice fish today and bring home a nice mess of eaters for the hot grease release!!! we caught our fish today on ring worms and paddle tails and most came while dragging current seems or flats above and below wing dams.

here are some pics from today and one picture of some of our eaters.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Pretty nice day, Drew, during a week of deteriating conditions. Way to go.
    What pool were you on ?
    Jack

drew-evans
    rochester MN

I was on a pool accessible from MN

thegun
    mn

looks like below the lock in alma!

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Quote:

I was on a pool accessible from MN

You might run, but you can not hide !

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Looks a lot like Genoa, but I’m not sure why that would be such a big secret.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

[quote we caught our fish today on ring worms and paddle tails and most came while dragging current seems or flats above and below wing dams.

Not to be overly picky, but there doesn’t appear to be anything even close to looking like a wing dam in those pictures.
    Generally, they don’t put wing dams right up next to the actual lock & dam.

I guess I don’t see the point in being deceptive about where or how you caught some nice walleyes when the pictures pretty much show how close to the locks you really were.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Nice job

Depth, weight, color, pool, speed ?

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Nice Job fellas!

a1a

Quote:

[quote we caught our fish today on ring worms and paddle tails and most came while dragging current seems or flats above and below wing dams.

Not to be overly picky, but there doesn’t appear to be anything even close to looking like a wing dam in those pictures.

I guess I don’t see the point in being deceptive about where or how you caught some nice walleyes when the pictures pretty much show how close to the locks you really were.

Good grief, do you want him to put a frigging “X” on a map and send it to ya, maybe even bait your hook?!? I have very little respect for a fisherman that spills all the beans, and even less for one that expects him to. The point of the post is he had some good fishing. Good for him! He certainly outfished me this weekend.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Nice fish!!! I like the mention of a hot grease release… I might have to borrow that one from you…

Ted

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Good grief, do you want him to put a frigging “X” on a map and send it to ya, maybe even bait your hook?!? I have very little respect for a fisherman that spills all the beans, and even less for one that expects him to. The point of the post is he had some good fishing. Good for him! He certainly outfished me this weekend.

No, quite frankly I don’t care if he puts an “X” on the spot or not. The pictures already show right where he was.

My point was very simple, why try and be deceptive and then put up pictures of fish with the locks in the back ground.

They are nice fish and I’m glad you guys did well!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looken like you had a good time on the water on a beautiful day.

Thanks for posting Drew!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Regardless of where, how, when, what…Nice fish and looks like a very quality time was had by all. Definately signs that things will only improve for a few trophies to be caught this spring.

Maybe a good time to toss out a friendly reminder for all of us to use discression and ethics. It is completely legal to keep any fish that meets or exceeds the minimal legnth requirements. However a renewable resource is only renewed when the breeding stock is sustained. For those that catch those huge sagging belly females, please consider returning those to spawn and produce more quality fish for the future. I’m every bit in favor of keeping fish to eat. Its just the females are so much more consentrated and vulnerable this time of the year. They make for awesome pictures and replicas can be made at a reasonable cost compared to a traditional mount. Good luck to all, have a safe time on this chilly water, and keep the pics coming!

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Great report DreW!

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Nice fish buddy! U were on the river and that’s all they need to know!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I can’t recall ever taking a picture of my fish right where I hooked them, wouldn’t make sense.
    Great Job!!

j._mauer
    Rochester, MN

Nice Fish Drew!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Nice fish guys!

Naabb

My oldest son(10) and I were fishing the same spots but a bit ealier, that day. We ended up with a few sauger and one 26 inch walleye. We used jig and minnow and sonars. My son did keep the 25 inch fish not the best eater but, he would have went in after it, if I had tossed it back. It was a great day to get out and spend sometime together, away from his two little twin brothers. They seem to get alot of attention.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

well well well looks like i opened a can of worms here…. well im back to defend myself…. the pictures we took were of the fish we released and only two were taken where we caught them and them were the only two caught there the rest of the fish were caught where i said they were caught and how i said they were caught and if my trolling motor didnt die we would of caught more fish in that spot probly. when it comes to the “a pool accessible from MN” i posted that because it is a area that is not pounded like pool 4 and i know that myself and many locals around there would not of appreciated me putting a big X on the spot i put them pictures on there against my own good judgement because i knew people would say something about where it was or that my report didnt match the pics but the report is correct just not complete…….. i want people to catch fish but let them go find them i told them colors and presentation thats a good start any fisherman that i know wont give up all there secrets (spots,bait,presentation,speed) and most wont say a word and send you to a different county than the fish their catching are even in!

good luck fishing everyone and dont exspect as many pics from the guy unless all you see is the bottom of the boat or maybe some of you guys will think im lying or trying to set you up for an unproductive day because of whats in the back ground of the pics!!!

drew-evans
    rochester MN

thanks to the rest of you for the complements it was a fun day on the water with some good picture takers! seya out there.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Drew,
    Congrats again on your good day, looking forward to your next report.
    Jack

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Really nice looking fish Drew, congrats on a good day on the water and thanks for sharing your pics. Might be fishing near you this weekend, I’m John Harting’s buddy and I think we are all meeting up on the water this weekend. Hopefully see you there!

bellrichard
    Byron,MN

Thanks for a good report. Don’t let some guys comments bother you, you showed us there are fish to be caught and it looks like fun. Thats all anyone should know, keep your good spots to yourself and thanks again for the post

mikeraiche
    Arkansaw Wi

Drew i dont blame u for not telling your spot. keep on fishing and looking foreward to your reports in the future. see you on the water. heading up to rainy too bad u guys cant make it

drew-evans
    rochester MN

IM heading up too rainy in May leave some of em for me good luck

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.