Pool 4 report

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Hey guys and gals,

I had the chance to get out for a morning of fishing before work this afternoon. We got on the water about 6’ish and made our way upstream toward the dam. our first spot yeilded fish right away. I missed several but we managed to get 2 keepers in the boat in 1 pass, along with a few short fish. That bite died off and I made the “big mistake” I left fish to find fish. Instead of staying there and working on that bite I decided to go hunt around for some big fish, for the next couple hours that’s what we did, mostly trying new spots and not spending a whole lot of time at each one. Then we decided for the last hour that we were going to go back to our first spot and rethink our strategy. We were dragging shallow when there was very little light, so we switched up to some heavier jigs andslid out to a deeper section of the same area. It didn’t take long to prove that the fish had the same idea we did. We had 1 hour to fish and ended up catching 4 more for a nice little meal. It was another good day for my limit creek rods, they’ve earned their place in my boat. Overall it was a great moring of fishing, and it was nice to beat the rain home.

No pictures again today. I never think to take any while I’m out there

Presentation: Dragging/pitching

Depth:8ft-17ft

Jig Weight:3/32oz-1/4oz

Plastics:Natural colored rigworms

Speed:.4-.9 upstream

That about sums it up pretty well.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks for the report Chris. Nice job

bluewing
    North Iowa

Great report. Very much appreciate passing on your observations on the water.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

JR, your lucky to beat the rain, it was cold on the hands. The 3 of us were out from noon till dark and boated about 30+ Sauger. Most were in the last hour. Got 13 in the box.
    -Mark

redneck
    Rosemount

Boy, What have I told you about leaving fish to go look for fish? It is good to see the boat is getting used once in a while anyway Those Limit Creeks do load up really nicely when dragging plastics.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

That there’s always fish somewhere else and to go find them.
    Ya, I know, but I’m stubborn and it takes a few times to figure it out.

Geoff
    Loyal, WI

Fished tuesday as well. The bite was sporadic during the day but our boat still managed to cath around 35 fish and take home 15 sauger and walleye. Our most productive presentation actually was a 1 foot mono leader tied to braid with a 1/2oz egg sinker and a floating jig with some meat. Fished from 9:00 to 3:30 right in the heart of the day. All and all had fun and am looking forward to getting back this weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.