pool 15&16 newbie

• tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Hi all what a wonderfull place you all have here to share info. I cant wait to contibute info for my local area…pools 15&16, Lake George, Rock River, hennipin canal, and so on. I havent been out much this week but I’m planning on going to a small lake in Milan sunday….I just hope I dont need a snow blower to find my spots!!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

tweaked33,I would just like to welcome you to the site. What small lake in Milan are you going to fish sunday? Just wondering, I live on Big Island. I’ll be fishing the canal sunday morning and Lake George late afternoon. Let us know how you do.

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

hi river rat and tks for the welcome! I’m going to try a small lake across andalusia road from the camp grounds. I was on Big Island a couple weeks ago right before the Conservation Club entrance..lots of small ones I did better on a small pond just on the oter side of the canal..north. I fish the canal alot in spring when the water is high by highway 92. Hope all the folks on Big Island keep up the good fight against all the proposed changes there… just worrie about the environmental impact!

tony_apisa

Thanks for your concern about Big Island. I sure don’t want a gravel pit in my back yard. If you would like,pm me with your address and I’ll send you a couple of In-Depth Angling decals. Again, welcome to the site. It’s the best site your going to find on the web and the best bunch of guys your going to meet.

evileye
    Milan Il

Hi ! and welcome to the site ,its always good to get new members from this area,Good luck this weekend

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Thanks evileye, with the crazy weather they are talking about I’ll take all the luck I can get!!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

the best bunch of guys your going to meet.

About us girls out here?

tony_apisa

I’m truely sorry carpgirl and to the rest of the women here

tweaked33, your going to meet the finest people here.

Is that better carpgirl? I did’nt mean to leave out the women of In-Depth Angling. If I hurt your feelings, it was not intentional. Please except my apology. Let me also add that if you ever find your way down here your are welcome to share my boat with me.

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Nice tackfull save Tony, all anglers are potential friends…at least we know we have one thing in common

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Well had a change in plans on sunday, I went with my brother in law to a old rock quarry North of Cordova. Did good for gills with green teardrop/waxie 23 fish total mostly hand size got 5 crappie 3/4 to 1 lb they seemed to like pink/white ratso with a waxie. Some nice bass in there but didnt take any minnows with.

cherilovell

It’s ok, I know that in this sport, it is easy to forget that there are some girls out here. You are forgiven. And maybe someday I will take you up on that boat offer.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

hey Carpgirl, you one of the gals online here too holding a pole.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Quote:

I went with my brother in law to a old rock quarry North of Cordova.

Hey tweaked33, Welcome to the site. I’m a neighbor a little to the north. Pool 13 and 14 mostly. Are you talking about the sand pit just off of 84 on the river? There are some great crappies in there year around. I’ve never Ice fished it before, but I may have to give it a try!

cherilovell

Quote:

hey Carpgirl, you one of the gals online here too holding a pole.

Hey Mossydan, ya, I’m a pole holding gal. I have more poles, tackle boxes, and other fishing stuff then all the gals I know put together. Work and fish, thats my life story.

tweaked331
    moline IL pool 16

Hi rooster and ty, no but I know the water you are talking about never fished it though. My in law took back roads and we were somewhere between fulton and erie I think never fished that one before sun. I would love to fish the one right before you enter Cordova on the left, it has some of the nicest structure I have ever seen too bad its all private. Hell I’ve even offered those folks to sign a liability waiver for thier insurance but to no avail. Would even pay a yearly membership oh well. I’m going out tomorrow to the lake I was sopposed to fish on sunday. I broke down and finally bought an ice shanty today so I cant wait to try it out!! Thinking later in the week for a trip to lake george to see if I can locate some eyes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.