Gotta love Pool 4

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I finally made it down to pool 4 again after a long spell of no fishng. After a short stop at everts and some quick info from dean we were on our way. Our purpose for this trip was to test out my new 8’3″ Limit Creek Rods. We got on the water about 2 and our first pass we went all of about 10ft and my rod starts to double over, I set the hook and it was a beautiful 21″ eye. Set the rods back out and and start dragging again. We go a little further and I look back and my partner has one, then I turn to see that my rod is doubled ofer too. First double of the year!! Little did I know what was in store for us when the sun started going down. It slowed off for a couple hours as we switched up presentations to put the rods through their paces. Once the sun got below the trees we decided that it was about time to get back to dragging, good thing we did. For the next 2 hours or so we caught fish non-stop literally. We had several doubles and a few triples. It was my partners first time since october and his 2nd trip total to pool 4. He was thrilled with how the evening went. We caught our limit for the fish fry and threw back any over 18″ or less than 15″ and there were plenty to choose from.
    I absolutely loved my new 8’3″ limit creek rod and it performed above my standards for dragging and pitching blades, but dragging is where it really shined.
    As I said before you gotta love pool 4, and it’s shaping up to be a really good spring!!

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

A couple questions for ya, Were you the guy i gave my minnows to at the dock yesterday? And if you wouldn’t mind telling me what were you dragging?Cranks Or plastics?

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Nope I wasn’t. Minnows don’t see their way into my boat very often. Maybe one month in the fall, but that’s it. We were dragging plastics, our best colors were firecracker/chart. tail, and chart. orange core.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jr. you left your Dad at home again?

We never made it up to the dam area. Closest was the Vermillion.

Your report has been repeated over and over again today. Fishing is slow during the day for P4 standards, but when the sun starts to set, ya better be ready!

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I was down yesterday as well. The bite durring the day was tough for us but as soon as the sun went down it was game on. We fished until 9:00 or so and we were still picking up fish on every pass. My partner was lindy rigging minnows. I was dragging plastics. We were both catching fish but the bigger fish were comming on the plastics.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

A couple questions for ya, Were you the guy i gave my minnows to at the dock yesterday? And if you wouldn’t mind telling me what were you dragging?Cranks Or plastics?

The plastics these guys are dragging are pictured below and can be picked up at Everts on Pool 4.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

So many choices…so little time

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Is it bad that I own every color on that chart and a few that arent?

BK,
    Dad headed for South Dakota this weekend.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Is it bad that I own every color on that chart and a few that arent?

Yes, but you are not alone.

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

I was using paddle tails and getting the small saugers during the day, i had to leave early before the walleye bite got fired up.
    I had to be home for company, steak and king crab legs.
    Hoping to back on wed. night.
    I have plenty on ringees in the assortment of colors too,was wondering what has been the best as of recent?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

,was wondering what has been the best as of recent?

Daytime if the sun is shining the brighter colors work best, Night time or low light darker colors work best. When in Everts make sure to take note of what is on the counter. If it is up on the counter it is whats working, we basically use the counter as the fishing report and put the best colors from the latest bite up there. On the counter you will find the colors from the recent hot bites on blades, cranks, ringers, paddle tails and flukes.

Most of the time I find it best to go through as many colors as I can and let the fish dictate what they want then you know better of what to use.

RICKBREE
    TWINCITIES

I LOVE HOW YA SELL THE FISHING POLES. THATS AS BAD AS READING A FEILD AND STREAM MAG

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I am in no way sponsored or any other way connected to Limit creek rods. I was simply stating that I tested out a new rod that I bought, I put the name of the rod and length in the post so that others who might be in the market for a new rod could take a look at this one as a possibility that I know they’d be happy with. The purpose of my report was just that, to report on my bite on pool 4 and my experience of the day.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

And a good job ya did chris

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

I LOVE HOW YA SELL THE FISHING POLES. THATS AS BAD AS READING A FEILD AND STREAM MAG

Thats about as funny as you posting 11 times since 04′. Spend some more time contributing and you will come to figure out the regulars and just what this site is about… -Mark

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Kinda of that the reference to the rod bothers someone when the whole line up of BfishN Tackle is posted.

‘spose Bfish isn’t in Field and Stream.

Again, nice post Jr. sure wish you have more photos though.

redneck
    Rosemount

You know I am the photogenic one in the family BK so without me there no pictures is a good idea

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Nice post junior!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Quote:

Thats about as funny as you posting 11 times since 04′. Spend some more time contributing and you will come to figure out the regulars and just what this site is about… -Mark

Yea what Chucker Said ….Thanks Junior on the report, sounds like you had a blast.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Kinda of that the reference to the rod bothers someone when the whole line up of BfishN Tackle is posted.

‘spose Bfish isn’t in Field and Stream.

Again, nice post Jr. sure wish you have more photos though.

Dont forget about the EVERTS FISHING RESORT plug

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dang near missed that one.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.