Red Wing area??

• GeyePilot
    Hayfield, MN

Anybody hit the Red Wing area this weekend?? I’m slated for a day off tomorrow, and am trying to gather some intelligence prior to hitting the water. Much appreciated!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

We had several nice Sauger in the boat early. Best one came on a 1/2 ounce jig and a 3 inch super shad. (no minnow) The bite tailed off for a while then the smaller fish started snapping the plain jig/minnow set up. Switched over to pulling 3-way cranks and picked off the better fish trolling through the jig fishermen.

If I was going out tomorrow, I’d start just south of the “Y” and drift/jig or troll that area down to the Vermillion.

Good luck and let us know how it went. Hope to get out on Wednesday.

J.

GeyePilot
    Hayfield, MN

Thanks Jon… I’ll definitely get back to you with my report.

GeyePilot
    Hayfield, MN

Jon – Had a relatively productive day, most time spend at the Y. Jigs tipped with minows were OK. But we hit ’em hard throughout the day with plastics. The action was not fast-paced, but it was steady. More than enough to keep an angler interested. Good luck in the twin cities Sat!!!!

chris

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Big plastic and a big jig to keep it under the boat got the better fish. I’d go lighter on the jig if not fishing near other boats….that’s the norm on a weekend! Got to keep everything under the boat if possible.

J.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.