Pool 2 PB

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Geez…Sorry…was trying to be funny?

Sorry mnfish, didn’t come across that way at all. it was the that through me off. I really thought you were pissed.

But I know the feeling… Lots of my stuff is miss understood also… Some comments are better made over a than the internet.

-J.

les_welch

Quote:

Quote:

Geez…Sorry…was trying to be funny?

Sorry mnfish, didn’t come across that way at all. it was the that through me off. I really thought you were pissed.

But I know the feeling… Lots of my stuff is miss understood also… Some comments are better made over a than the internet.

-J.

I actually had to read it twice before I got what mnfish was saying, but when I seen the graemlins, that is what made it make sense to me.

Good point Jon, it is hard sometimes, when you can’t hear voice inflection, and see facial expressions, over the computer.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Hey! I’m up for anytime!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

AAhhh…I guess if I would have paid more attention to the water “colors” instead of the shoreline I would have gotten my answer.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Well if that was a joke I guess you need to work on your comedic typing (see now that is funny!). I too had to read it twice and when I saw the I came to the same conclusion. It can be tough to read into comments on the internet.

Now after I did such a great job on the background you have to go notice water color!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Geez you guys….the meant i couldn’t figure out where it was and i was kidding him on the fact that he didn’t have a background in the picture that i could recognize! Non descript?? Tough crowd? It was sarcasm to say next time put a background that was more recognizable. It was supposed to be a joke but you guys are taking his PB away and commenting more on my comment. It was sarcasm. I could care less where he caught it. It was meant to be a joke. I figured someone else would chime in and ask the same thing? Next time I’ll leave my comments to myself. GEEZ!!

sodak
    Andover, MN

Nice Eye

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Sorry..one more comment… Nice fish!! One of the best looking walleyes I’ve seen! Will make a great mount! Replica that is.

walleyerube
    Hudson, WI

That is a sweet fish!!! I guess the curse is on me now.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Congrats Nice Fish I’m thinking 12 lbs

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Sorry..one more comment… Nice fish!! One of the best looking walleyes I’ve seen! Will make a great mount! Replica that is.

I’ve had several people mention that to me. I guess it wasn’t something I was thinking of doing. I usually figure an 8×10 on the wall and family bragging rights was good enough. But now…well maybe I should look into it. Since I didn’t get a weight or the girth on her, could I really get a good replica? I think the pictures are pretty good that based on the length they should be able to figure out the “height”, but can they really get a good girth without the measurement since it looks like she swallowed a football?

The thing about replicas is I hear some of them don’t even look like the fish that was caught. Since replicas are not cheap, I would want it to represent the fish as close as possible and not just look like something I could have bought at a store? Anybody have recommendations?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

But now…well maybe I should look into it. Since I didn’t get a weight or the girth on her, could I really get a good replica? I think the pictures are pretty good that based on the length they should be able to figure out the “height”, but can they really get a good girth without the measurement since it looks like she swallowed a football?

The thing about replicas is I hear some of them don’t even look like the fish that was caught. Since replicas are not cheap, I would want it to represent the fish as close as possible and not just look like something I could have bought at a store? Anybody have recommendations?

Check out Artistic Anglers website. They simply do the best work. He does all my fish and I think they look better than real mounts. http://www.artisticanglers.com/

You can get a rough girth. Use your finger, fingernail, nose, something that you can measure on the picture. Looking at your pics, I’d use your right ring finger up to the second knuckle. Measure the same object in real life. Now, x = size of real life object and y = depth of fish in real life. x/y = 1x/1y. 1x= size of object in pic, 1y = depth of fish in pic. Now there are some assumptions here. Once you get the DEPTH of the fish on the pic, you can multiply that by 2. That gives you both sides of the fish. Then you need to try and remember how THICK the fish was. If it was 6″ thick then use that. So it would be (Depth X 2)+(Thickness X 2) should give you a close measurement of girth.

B Curtis, if you have any questions, shoot me a PM. I’d be happy to help you figure that out.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

B,

I’m with you. I’ve yet to see a replica that doesn’t look “plastic”. Be darn careful who you pick. Nothing like spending that cash to be disappointed. Again, amazing fish!!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Wow! From the amount of bickering I thought I was in the St. Croix forum. Its pool 2 gang. They all go back in the water.

Great fish! Congrats!

dd

Bob Bowman
    MN

Congrats, that is a pig

Nice fish Bro

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.