Pats turn for a Pool4 PB !

• r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

Quote:

Why do people feel the need to haul these nice fish in their livewell and take them to Everets for a picture to inflate their ego. Take a picture right where you are and release it there immediately. I may be wrong but I thought you could not release a fish once it was in your livewell (culling) but I may be wrong. If it was kept for a mount its a shame but his choice.
    By the way “nice fish” and congratulations.

I have to agree with you brother! In this day and age with graphite/replica mounts being better than the actual fish mount. There is no reason not to Catch/Photo/Release.

Congats on the monster “eye” though!

First of all great fish! If you want to keep it, keep it. I have seen over the years tons of 6,7,8lb. fish kept and for some reason every spring there are still many fish over 10lbs. caught. It’s just the way it is. I do frown on the ones that are kept that have potential in being a trophy (4lbs. and up) but what can ya do about it. Again congrats and great fish!!!!!! I’d like to see a replica that looks even close to the real mount. You have some pictures, I’d be interested in seeing them.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

I have to agree with you brother! In this day and age with graphite/replica mounts being better than the actual fish mount.

We have seen a few of those replica’s on here.

mark strickland
    Hager City WI

Congrats Pat AWESOME fish. Largest fish caught on the Mississippi? I have to say this is a congrats thread. Every one has an opinion. I have seen many fish this size brought into the resort for pictures. They all were released in the best manner. Not every has a scale in the boat.

EGO I dont think! This was a great fish Pat, you had every right to celebrate with a picture. For all we know you may have caught it right in front of the resort. It has been said fish do live in front of the resort. You have the right to catch a fish and release it if you want. Don’t let the negative comments have any bearing on your great day on the water. I myself have caught large fish and put them in the livewell for a picture later. Because we do this and then release them. There are more large fish for others to have a chance to catch and take a pic of a life time fish. Again congrats and dont it feel good inside!

Mark

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

You have some pictures, I’d be interested in seeing them.

I don’t have any of mine on this computer. I’ll have to get on that for you. I use Matt at Artistic Anglers in Duluth. He’s simply an outstanding atrist. http://www.artisticanglers.com/ He does all my fish.

Yeah, that replica you’ve got in the pic there isn’t the best job I’ve seen.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Yeh, what Strick said.
    Wonder if all those pig walleyes hang out under the dock like the smallmouths do post bass tourneys???? Might be BK’s next great walleye hole since all his saugeramas are fished off the dock.
    But, then again, walleyes might be smarter than smallies.

Congrats on a wonderful fish, boy that dock has had a lot of pig walleye pictures taken on it–even saw a pic from a Cabela’s catalog with an Evert’s pig walleye dock pic.

And Dean, slow down on all the great information your giving fellas would ya–the word might get out that we have a world class walleye factory right outside our door.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Doesn’t look like a C & R fish.

I was the one that took the picture and can assure you that releasing that fish unharmed was Pat’s priority. I almost had to wrestle him to take it back out of the water to measure it. Thanks for your concern Walleyecop.

JJ

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

What a piggy!! Congrats

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Why do people feel the need to haul these nice fish in their livewell and take them to Everets for a picture to inflate their ego. Take a picture right where you are and release it there immediately. I may be wrong but I thought you could not release a fish once it was in your livewell (culling) but I may be wrong. If it was kept for a mount its a shame but his choice.
    By the way “nice fish” and congratulations.

Ego…I don’t think so. He was fishing by himself so he needed someone to take the pic. He stopped fishing as soon as he caught that fish, headed right to the resort to get a picture taken so he could release that fish as soon as possible.

Why do people need to blast someone before they know the facts? Jealousy ??

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

Quote:

You have some pictures, I’d be interested in seeing them.

I don’t have any of mine on this computer. I’ll have to get on that for you. I use Matt at Artistic Anglers in Duluth. He’s simply an outstanding atrist. http://www.artisticanglers.com/ He does all my fish.

Yeah, that replica you’ve got in the pic there isn’t the best job I’ve seen.

Those are the best replica’s that I have seen to date that’s for sure!

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

SHHHEEEEEBAAAAA !!!!!!!

joeblow

Brand New to this just tring it.. By the way very nice fish.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Wow great fish congrats . Thanks for sharing a pic with us .

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

Brand New to this just tring it.. By the way very nice fish.

Welcome to the site hookemhard! That’s not the falls in Lester Park in Duluth in your avatar pic, is it?

joeblow

that would be them last fall up there looking for some trout.. Caught a couple little ones in that hole there.. Got up there to late, but was great a great day though

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

My dog loved to swim in that pool!!!!!

joeblow

Mine sat on shore till we were ready to leave and then she headed stright for the water..

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.