Hidden Falls Ramp Status anyone??

• rangerski
    North Metro

Just wondering if anyones been by HF lately and checked the ramp? I am guessing still some shore ice?? Thanks in advance

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’m actually heading down to put the boat in this morning. Maybe Mike W will chime in, but is sounds like getting to the confluence may be a challenge.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The ramp is open. No counting on the gate being open early morning may be iffy. 494 and the state park ramps are open also.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The mississippi was iced over at the confluence as of this morning. I’m not sure how far up river the ice goes, but until it breaks free you’ll be stuck on one side or the other depending on where you launch.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Hidden falls is a no go, ramp is complete crap, the river iced back in where the boat launched the other day, personally I wouldn’t be attempting to break it 494 is the only option at the moment….

I’ll post a pic a bit later

Whitecapmfg

Thanks for the report- You just saved me a trip-I was all ready to go!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Sound like alot of interest… maybe we should give lilydale a lil help opening up. If someone has a chainsaw or something. Open for ideas! It will take a while or alot of work to get from hidden falls to the confluence.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The short range forecast is not in your favor either with lows down to -4 a couple nights this week. Although, this does sound like the makings to another sturgeon excursion video….

recordhunter

I just returned from the grand tour of the ramps while dragging the boat and 494 is iced in with the south wind holding a bunch of ice against the ramp. If you busted out to the channel, the ice would close in behind you. Hidden Falls has 20 feet of ice and the Cedar ramp on the Mn has 15 feet of ice and the ramp is snow covered. LillyDale would totally locked in so I didnt bother looking. Maybe todays warm up will change things for Wednesday, before the cold comes back.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That wind was blowing alot of ice around on the river today. We did get in at 494 a little before noon. Broke a lot of ice heading north. Will be back at it tomorrow also.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hidden falls is a mess like Nick said. I was a little surprised at how fast it froze back up from last week.

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Saw 3 rigs at 494 today and this is what Lilydale looks like today.. the Confluence is frozen solid an the Mississippi side the Minnesota is open.. There is large rafts of ice everywhere.. It’s gonna be awhile.. I walked out on this ice shelf… Man there is alot or creepers down there…

Loon18

was down to hidden falls today. snow on the ramp and quite a bit of shore ice left. if you could get on you could boat to the dam or almost to watergate marina

nick
    Lakeville, MN

HF today (click pic for a bigger pic)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.