Pool 2 BIG fish…..

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Here is a picture of one of several big walleyes that made it to the boat last night in a half day trip with Travis Renville. Big fish are on the prowl now! I do not want to let the cat out of the bag yet, but here is a taste of what my next report will bring. Light jigs and ringworms…Need I say more!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That is a BEAUTY!

Well Done!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome Steve!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I can’t wait to see your report bud !!

Way Nice fish !!

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

WOW!NICE FISH!!!!

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Yep… last night was pretty amazing for big fish. Things were slow, then around sundown, we had a short flurry of action. Steve put a clinic on me! Every time I looked he had a fish on. After the sun went down… things slowed a bit, so we were on the move, picking up a fish here and there. The 2nd to last spot, we hit paydirt. (Well, Steve changed the presentation a tad, and I was left polishing my photo taking and netting skills). Steve hooked onto a nice fish… and we got a look at her… it was a BIG fish. Very fat, long, and healthy! Not more that a handfull of casts later, he hooked onto another one! This girl might have been a tad shorter than the first, but this one was carrying some serious girth. Things died down, so we hit another spot on the way back, and I finally got on the big fish board for the night.
    As Steve said, he’ll let out more details later this week. I’ll only add that the BIG girls have now come out to play!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish. Think I will have to give it anouther try tommorrow night. Stuck it out for about a hour after dark
    last night but did not find much. Had one 25″ fish during the day. Was having a little trouble finding the right spot on the wing dams once the lights went out. I hate the idea of running up on them to find your position. Thinking maybe a GPS might help.
    Looking forward to tommorrow night again. Big piggies.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

great Walleye Steve, what are those measuring in length??
    wow. Jack.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Jack,

The one pictured ran right around the 29″ mark. Mt guess was 9.5# or close to 10#. All 5 of the bigger fish this evening had extremely large tummies, most of them were as thick as I have seen this fall!. Its definately big fish time. The last week in a half has produced some mighty nice fish on Pool 2 both day and night. Look for a more detailed report tomorrow (Friday)!!

CrankEmUp
    MN

Alright Steve, you definetly got our attention!!!
    Nice piggie I look forward to your next post.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Last night was a just bit off the mark for us, but still boated some respectable fish. Had to work hard for the ones we did boat.
    Should have a Big fish report up tonight!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.