Pool 16

• john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Just wondering if pool 16 is fishable, and if Marquette street ramp is open. I am really needing a fishin’ fix, and 14 has not opened up enough to get out. Anyone been out on 16?

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

John,

Just saw a post in general forum today about lock and dam 15 that said that the ramp is open. Sorry but don’t know how to add the link to the post.

Good luck

fishbait

I went by the ramp yesterday around 3 PM and it was open along with the river, one boat still out. Sorry but I did not have time to check with the bait shop on any reports.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

John , I got out after work Monday on pool 16 . The bite was super slow. The water is very dirty and the wind was a pain to hold position. I did put one eye in the boat , but it was foul hooked. I think I might try again on the 1st , hopfully the water will clean up a little before then. Good luck if you make it down there.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Thanks for the reports gentlemen! I hope to make it down there later this week, weather permitting! Pool 14 was breaking up some today around 3M, but don’t know if any ramps are open, or if it will be safe to fish. Lots of VERY large flow ice.
    Thanks again!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Man you guys are making me feel like a real wimp, I wouldnt go out fishin in this weather for a boat load of walleyes

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Marquette is open–clear shot to the dam or downriver to CI. The slough opened up today–long shot this time of year, but with the little bit higher water may have a few fish in it. Good luck–I’ll be watching from my 7 day a week gig at RIA

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Thanks for the report reverend! I may have to make a trip down in the next week or so, depending on the weather.
    Todd, anything above 25 degrees is great fishing weather! I can stay plenty warm with the Snosuit even in MUCH colder weather, but I hate fighting icy guide eyes all day.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

John , I made it down there the 2nd and 3rd with ok results. The 2nd was the better of the 2 days with 15 eyes coming to the boat. The size was pretty good also, we had 3 in the slot. Dragging ringworms was the best presentation . There was alot more pressure the 3rd and the bite suffered from it,we caught 9. That day paddle tails seemed better than ringies. Good Luck, if you make it down there. I am hoping to get out Sunday, weather permiting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.