Wednesday Redwing Report….brrrrrrrr

• bigpike

As cold as the weather was the fishing was just opposite! With water temps dropping 13 degrees in the ten days since I last fished here the shad seem to be dying. We arrived at dawn, and started at the dam with sonars (ofcourse) and the walleye smack down was immediate! The fish were all nice size 16-22″, they started out in 15-18′ and as the day wore on they moved to about 22′. I had a very heavy fish on that I got about half way up before I lost it and I tail snagged a 10# fish that I reeled to the surface before it got off. It was cool atleast seeing that fish. 95% of the fish that hit was on the drop, just before it hit bottom. Very few small fish and very few saugers, that was nice! We tried trolling but that didn’t work so it was a sonar day. Considering the brutal conditions out there we did very good. Thank You Lori for hanging in there and not complaining when it would have been very excusable to do!

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

How cold was it out. We got 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches of rain down here in SE IA and the bite totally stopped!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Bigpike, sounds like you enjoyed in the fun the few others out there were having. The bite has definitely been picking up daily. Thanks for the report.

Brian Lyons

We did very well early Wed. am on ringies, later the ringies died and blades were the ticket for my boat as well

stuart
    Mn.

Big B…Did ya find them big crappies i told you about on monday??Glad i met you guys….see you again this year??

bigpike

It was maybe a high of 35 with winds NW gusting to 20mph, we were busting ice off our eyelets even though the water temp was 47. My friends that I took out only fish a few times a year and never on the river so they had quite the time! We could only take it for about 7 hours…..with one trip to Everts for hot coffee. Thanks Steve for the fresh stuff.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Any fish on jig/minnows or Debuque rigs w/ plastics & bare hook/minnow????

Turk97
    SW Metro

Steve,

Coming down Monday a.m. A few questions for you.

– What time you open?
    – Do you have a good supply of K-Grubs and a few Sonars?

Thanks.

Brian Lyons

dekaja: We never went after the crappies,we had some good fishing for walleyes and sauger to keep us busy It really surprised me when you recognized us on the water, I enjoyed talking with you. We’ll be back this fall and winter so I’ll be looking for ya on the water. Keep your eye on those crappies, I love to fish em

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.