Hows the bite at Lynxville?

• Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

Heading up this weekend and was wondering how the fishing has been by the dam? I also need to know the name of the motel in Ferryville? Its the one north of town with kitchenettes? Thanks Schotzy!

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

schotzy,
    don’t catch all of the fish up that way!
    How was your rainy river trip?

wilk

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Schotzy, the name of the motel in ferryville is the grand view just north of town on hwy.35 good luck (hairjig)

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

There hasn’t been much word on Lynxville lately. Word is that the bite is better in pool 9. All I’ve heard is that the fish are either biting or not with little in between. Let us know how you do. I love to fish pool 10.

kapnjim

On Monday November 5th I talked to two people who were braver than me. The weather was in the 30’s, windy, and it was raining almost non-stop. One boat had two nice eating saugers at the dam in about one-and-a-half hours. Another boat caught zip, don’t know how long that boat was out. One individual said the fish starting turning on last Thursday. There were four other “brave” soles who were parked at the landing and must have been fishing the float, the float appears to now be open after being closed for nearly one year.

I will be fishing there during deer hunting. Good luck and give us a report. – jim

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Schotzy,
    Any reports on the bite below the dam at lynxville, plan on being there Tues. to see if we can catch a few.
    Thanks Wahly

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Please share if you have a report about Lynxville. I used to love fishing that little pool out of Harper’s. Plus the boat at Marquette is so much closer than up by Lansing. Do tell if there are fish to be caught. All the weak ones have been weeded out by now. It’s only the hardcore crowd that’s still fishing now.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ll be out and about on Thursday and Friday…I’ll shoot out some info then !!

kapnjim

Looking forward to your report Dave. I plan on being on the river at the dam on the Monday of deer hunting week. I hope the bite continues to improve and will be “hot” during the deer hunt.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I too am looking forward to some reliable reports on pool 10. Those of us stuck living near lesser fisheries need the help and guideance of you lucky ones fortunate enough to live near the big river. Hope you catch a bunch. I’ll be up that way on the 22nd.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

got the chance to fish Lynxville on Tues. Beautifull warm day but a slooooowwww bite. About a dozen boats out with every one seemed to have 5 or 6 keepers. blades, hairjigs, plastics, 3 ways with minnows. The bite came on all different colors. Casting, jigging, trolling- it was a real mixed bag for the day. Also weeds were not to bad early untill the barges started up river-as the locks opened weeds got worse but not unbarable.
    Keep the reports coming as we may have 1 to 2 weeks of fishing left depending on the weather.
    Thanks
    wahly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.