Pool 14 anyone??

• mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Just wondering if anyone has been on Pool 14 lately. My dad is coming down to help with some concrete work this weekend, and would love to get him out there for awhile. Looks like the stage forecast at Camanche is to be down to 12 foot by Saturday. Still pretty high, maybe to high! What’s the grass and log situation looking like? Anyone know if the docks are still in at the launches there in Camanche?

Any information is appreciated!! Thanks!!!

3way
    eastern iowa.

not sure about swan slough, but the others are pulled.

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

That’s what I was afriad if. Thanks 3WAY!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Albany still has a dock in, and I think the dock at 8th ave North is there yet. I’ve been out a couple times in the last 10 days for short bursts. One very good day and one with only one fish in 4 hours. I plan on being out tommorrow though. Flow is 10000 cfs below my bad day, abouth the same as when we caught fish.
    I plan on making a report after tommorrow, but that won’t do you much good. I can tell you we searched for two hours before getting a bite last Friday, then found a pocket of respectable sized eyes and caught 12 in about an hour. Two overs, two unders and the rest 17-191/2″. All our fish came pitching 1/8-1/4 oz H2O jigs with ringworms and paddletails. No real color preference established, but definetly go bright unless the water has cleared up. It was very muddy. Our fish where stacked up between a couple of normally productive wing dams, with a sharp drop from 3 to 16′ near shore. Pitched jigs shallow and drifted over the drop, BAM, fish on! Hope this helps Speedy!

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Thanks John, that does help. We’re going to hit the river for a little while Sunday morning. Figured we’d try the sand pits just to get out of the current but, may have to hit a wing dam or too along the way.

3way
    eastern iowa.

there are NOOOOOOOOOOOO docks at any ramps in camanche

jonathandeblieck
    quad cities, il

i went out to 16 on sunday. pretty high. lots of grass and leaves too. temp was 49. good luck. good luck with the concrete work too. word to the wise, wash off often. i had a heck of a summer after i got third degree chemical burns on my knees and calves from kneeling in the mix to screed it out. first time i’ve ever had a problem. done concrete a dozen times before.

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Got the concrete work done Saturday and it turned out pretty good for amatuers. And no Chem burns Did manage to hit the river Sunday morning. Even though they have all the docks out, we launched out of Camanche. Spent a good three hours on the river in high, merky water, without a single bite. Looks like the river is coming down pretty good now. Should be pretty good next week but, I’ll be on pool 4 If you get out, good luck to you guys!!!

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Speedy , please give a report when you get back from Pool 4 . I’m heading up there the 19th any info would be very welcome. Good luck !

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

You got it jig fan.

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

jig fan. Just got back from Pool 4 and wanted to give you a report. My partner , 192-Fazer, already posted so decided that I wouldn’t. Was going to send you a PM to pass more details but, you don’t accept PM’s? If you have any questions, PM me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.