RCL championship—-8 fish-No cull. ..

• fireflick
    Alma WI

I just recieved my information on qualifying in the RCL. I noticed there was a change. Now you can have 8 fish in the livewell. Only 5 fish can be weighed in. If I read this right this will really change the weights compared to last year. Did anyone else see this?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

They had the same rules for the RCL Leugue held on Pool 3 in May. It made for some easier decisions on keeping some smaller fish.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I hav’nt received my packet yet. Hopefully soon.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey guys,

would i get a packet if i just joined the flw. I told the lady that i wanted to be eligable for tourneys as an amature. i don’t know, i have wanted to fish tourneys and am looking foreward to it.

thanks

shane

fireflick
    Alma WI

Shane,

More than likely not. To get in as a co-angler you must qualify first by fishing one of their sanctioned events. There are no tournaments left to qualify that I know of. However the last I heard that they are way short on co-anglers. There are lots of pros waiting to get in but since they are short on coanglers some of the Pros may have to fish as a coangler. IF you want to get in as a co-angler I would call FLW and ask for sharon. The number is 270-252-1000.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Shane,

You’ll have to qualify for the championship. There are several ways to qualify, but one of the most common is via the RCL tourneys. I believe you need to finish in the top 35 in any one of the tourney’s to qualify. There are several other tournies around the country that are qualifiers also.

As for the rule change, it will definitely change the game plan for many anglers compared to last year. It will be interesting to see how the weights compare to last year. Of course the weather/flow will probably play a larger factor than anything, don’t you guys think?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I registered for the championship as a co-angler a while ago. There was a mix up at the RCL office and a number of us were told that we had qualified, when if fact we had not. I emailed the RCL yesterday about getting my deposit refunded and was told that it would be after the field was filled w/ confirmed co-anglers. Right now there is a waiting list for co-anlers to fish in the championship.

From RCL: “However, at this
    time our co-angler side is full with a wait list pending. Our balance
    deadline is Sept 2, 2003. ”

ted-merdan

This year both Tour events in the Dakota’s were allowed extra fish in the boat (up to the legal state limit for two licenses) as both of those states are no-cull. It made for additional limits brought in and took off some of the immediate pressure in deciding which fish to release and which to keep.

I think it’s a nice change – hopefully I can take advantage of it.

ted

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

fireflick,

thanks for the number, will give her a shout from the cell after i am out fishing. I am finally heading out for some R&R after putting in 11 days straight here a work. I will definatley have to look into the whole tourney thing. all i wanted to do is co-anlge. maybe i can get lucky.

see ya all on the water.

shane

RipnLips1
    Roberts,Wi

If you havent been confirmed by now as a pro or co chances are you wont be in this year.Like I said very early this year the Rcl wasnt going to allow little 40 boat tourneys in ,Unless the spots werent filled.With that said if you fished the last tourney(devil’s)all you needed was a top 100 finish.There will be 220 or so teams this year with 140 pros coming from the Rcl tour,Alot of us guys that were in the top 20 all year let alot of spots open for other pros.As of right now there are 80 pros on the waiting list and at least 40 co’s on the waiting list.Good luck this year!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey rip,

I am just looking to get into one here or one there, nothing to serious unless i really enjoyed it and actually fished decent. I was also looking for next summer, not this year at all. I am thinking that i need to get out the rest of the year and perfect my skills, then I would be able to aleast have a dull gleam against the field. but what i have learned off of this site and what i already know, i am thinking that i may end up being pretty deadly with a rod and reel. now if i can work my new birthday present, I would be even happier. I got a new bait casting reel for pitching, keep getting rats nest.

thanks

shane

good luck for the rest of the year guys

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Shane, I’ve been perfecting my skills for the last 20 yrs. and I think it will take another 40 to 50 yrs. to obtain complete perfection. What I’m trying to say is don’t get discouraged. You’re not going to learn everything overnight. On the other hand, don’t ever get too cocky to ask questions. Anyone who thinks they know enough about fishing to not ask questions and listen to other people is a fool. Remember fishing is an ongoing experiment and fishing in a tourney is just fishing. Good luck.

Gator Hunter

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

gator,

I hear you there, I am so excited right now because of the knowledge base that was handed to me by brian. I mean where else can you go and ask questions and actually have someone try to answere them and teach you how to do it, or use something, no matter how stupid the question is. besides for that, being cocky is not cool! I hope that if i ever get that way, someone push me overboard to wake me up. I am just happy that i can be part of this and learn some new techniques or improve on the ones that i already know. I am just tired of going out fishing by myself most of the time.

so to everyone, thanks for helping, guiding and advising me! look forward to be sharing the water with you all real soon!!

shane

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Shane,Something you’ll have to keep in mind is that you’ll have to sign up with a boater for the tourny’s next year. When you call to sign up they’ll ask you if you are signing up with a boater. I got lucky and Tuck found me a partner to sign up for all the tourny’s this year. Now we’ve become pretty good friends. As for not fishing them all??? Do it, It’s only $75 bucks and it’s more or less a cheep guide trip! I got luck and was’nt going to fish the leech Lake tourny and I’m glad I did as I came in 6th on the co-Angler side and made $550,Plus qualified for both Championships. Do it for next year, Start looking now for a boater to get into them with. It’s a blast!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Remember too that the boater that you sign up with is probably not the fisherman that you’ll fish with. You draw out for partners each day of each tournament so you’ll get many points of view on fishing. It’s a great way to learn.

Gator Hunter

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey thanks guys.

I am hoping that i will be able to land a spot. if not, we can still go out and perfect our tans. some peopel just expect a pro to ask them into thier boat or to get then into a tourney, me I am going to go and find me one, if there is one to be had. but any advice or technique that you can pick from anyone is helpful.

thansk

shane

shane

chappy
    Hastings, MN

iF ANYONE’S LOOKING FOR A GOOD BOAT ,MINE’S FOR SALE 200O CRESTLINER WITH 115 MERC.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I will start the bidding at $.50. sounds like a nice boat, how much you asking for it, i will keep my ears peeled.

shane

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Good boat? Will you through in a lime green shirt?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

See,now I told you the chicks dig that shirt!!!! Chicks at leech wanted to trade. The only problen was ,she was 1/2 my size!!!!!You know I would have done it too!

Don Hanson

There were alot of smaller tournaments that were RCL qualifiers. Are you saying they are not honoring that.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

You sure you weren’t 1/2 her size

Phil why don’t you get a favorite pic and I will e-mail it in for ya.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

If you looked like Phil would you want people seeing your picture????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The RCL Leauge events place their qualifying anglers first and if there’s any un-filled spots then my understanding is the other non-rcl event qualifiers get called in. If my understanding is accurate the RCL is basically making it tough to NOT fish their events as opposed to the non-rcl events if you expect to make the big show.

Of course that’s just my understanding of how things were to be done. I could be completely wrong…lol

Quote:

There were alot of smaller tournaments that were RCL qualifiers. Are you saying they are not honoring that.

clarence_chapman

Good point…..
    I’ll be sure to doctor it up before sending it.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m just waiting for the right one! Relax!

clarence_chapman

Hey guys….
    This might take awhile.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Unfortunately, I am one of them. I got a confirmation letter stating I am on the waiting list…
    Tuck

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Well now, that really stinks!! A guy who wins an event (on Mille Lacs) should be guaranteed a spot.

Makes you wonder why they even have any qualifying events outside of the regular RCL. Sounds like misleading advertising to me.

Jon J.

carrocr
    Illinois

My partner and I qualified in a very small tournament (due to horrible weather) early this spring. The only thing we had heard from RCL was asking for money, and after reading the stuff on here I was sure we too would be bumped onto the waiting list.
    However I sent them an email asking if we were “confirmed” or on the waiting list and they told me that we were confirmed. (I’m on the CO side and he is on the Pro side). Not sure if it’s because we sent our money in right away, or registered “together”, but I guess I can’t complain.
    I’ll let you guys know if we end up getting bumped down.
    Thanks,
    Chad Carroll

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.