Pool 2 is Rockin’

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

My busy as all heck day opened up at the last minute yesterday. I was lucky enough to be able to spend a few hours on pool 2, and what a nice evening it was! I continued my exploration of new wing dams….rather wing dams that I have not previously fished. At this pace it will take a couple years to cover them all! Someone has to do it.

Good news is when you find a dam that is holding fish, there are usually more than one hanging out there. Took me about an hour of searching for that first fish. A nice 25 incher inhaled my Bomber. (See Video Clip 1 below) That fish was followed up by a 21 incher on the very next cast! This particular wing dam held just about everything…cats, sheeps, whites, crappie and a carp. All of the fish hit casted cranks.

The evening ended with this beauty, a 26 ½ incher. (See Video Clip 2 below) This fish also took interest in a Bomber. As soon as the crank hit the water…POW! What a blast!

Talking to the guys in the two other boats pulling out shortly after dark and both boats reported catches of walleyes over 25 inches. One boat was trolling Raps in and near backwater areas and the other was jigging with minnows in deeper main channel areas. So it sounds like multiple presentations are putting fish in the boat right now.

To view these short .mov files, you need to download “QuickTime Player” from Apple.com It’s real quick and easy, plus it’s FREE!

I was fishing solo last night so these shots are from a camera mounted on a tripod. The second video was taken in low light, so it’s kinda hard to see, but still worth seeing.

Video Clip #1 – 25 inch pool 2 walleye

Video Clip #2 – 26 1/2 inch pool 2 walleye

Pool 2 – 25 incher after surgery. The fish swam away in great shape.

Snotfist
    Byron, MN

Those are some wonderful fish you caught there. Thanks for the information.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome Jon!!! Love the movies, makes it even harder to concentrate on work.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

. Forget pictures! You just set a new standard Jon. Awsome footage.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Nice fish Jon!
    Glad to see the bite in full swing.
    If you get a chance, try the new baby Wiggle O’ by Cotton Cordell. This little guy gets down deep and quick. We had some good luck on this crank last week in the front deeper sides of the wingdams that my Bomber could not reach.
    Although, those Bomber 5A & 6A are some of the best wingdam cranks I have had the pleasure to fish with.
    Thanks for the report!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Great post Jon-love the movies. But hey-do me a favor and zip up your fly next time. No one wants to see that.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Great post Jon-love the movies. But hey-do me a favor and zip up your fly next time. No one wants to see that.

Huh??? I think I was zipped up, but ya know it was hot out!! lol.

J.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the report Jon! Great footage!!!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Thanks for the report and the video. I downloaded the Quicktime Player with no trouble and your video was great. This is really a cool addition to the report.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Jon J. !!!!!

That was fantastic !!!

Keep’m coming !!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Thanks for the report and the video. I downloaded the Quicktime Player with no trouble and your video was great. This is really a cool addition to the report.

Thanks, I think it’s kinda cool too. I’m using the video feature off of my digital camera. It takes 20 second clips that I place on my webspace. (Most ISP providers give you free webspace with your internet account) From there it’s as simple as posting a picture. Pretty easy to do actually. Each clip is a little over 3 meg so you can get about 8-9 on a 32 meg card. My camera saves the images as .mov files that Apple supports. Other cameras save images as .mpg file that can be played in Windows Media Player.

Curious to know how the audio comes thru and how long it is taking you guys to load it up for viewing?

Jon J.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have a cable modem and it uploads in a snap !! the audio is pretty clear. I had to turn the volume up a tad but not much…

well done !!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Jon, Nice videos. They didn’t take long at work to download. I finally got Quicktime to work and they looked great. Sound is kind of low but I could here it OK.

Ferny.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.