Lake Pepin Dog days of July!

• Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

Well with the dog days of July among us. I set out for Lake Pepin last week.I spent a week at Cedar Ridge lodge in Nelson, Wisconsin.We trailered to Pepin boat ramp each day. Did I say it got hot out there in the heat of the day? Boy was it ever.

Fishing was slow for the most part but did we manage a four man limit one day, and that came in a period of 4 hours,We were pulling boards and setting our baits back 60 ft.The inside poles were set at 100ft. The fishing was nuts with tons of triples.I had my good friend Tim with me from Dubuque and my son Jordan and one of his friends Kyle.The boys were amazed by the bite and did a great job of putting the boards back out and bringing them in when there was a fish on.

The rest of the week we had to work for them,We went with live bait rigs and the boys each caught their personal best Walleye, Small mouth and Northern.Kyle caught a 19 inch small mouth,a 34 inch nothern and a 27 inch walleye that went 7 1/2 pounds,Jordan caught a 26 inch walleye that went 7 lbs. So the slow days were good for the boys that saw the best action ever,to what it takes to work for the piggies.
    It was a great week, When ever we got back to Cedar Ridge the boys would go down to the dock and fish till dark.They kept track all week on how many pan fish they caught,It was in the numbers of 300.They did fillet some of the bigger ring perch and gills.

Joel Schultz

Here is Kyles walleye.

Joel Schultz

Here is the 4 man limit of saugers.

Joel Schultz

Here is a nice smallie,Kyle caught,Wew caught allot of smallmouth, so this kept the boys happy.

Joel Schultz

Jordans big walleye.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Nice report. Looks like you have 2 pretty good fisherman there.

John

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Looks like a fish fry to me!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice work and great pics Schotzy.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Great report and pics. Glad to see you get the kids out fishing, and it looks like they had a great time.

Congrats

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.